M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Firstly very nice board..

Back in April was looking for a bike. Noticed the M109r in a motorcycle magazine but my dealer didnt know when they would be in and I wanted a bike. In my haste I bought a 2005 VTX 1800F with 0 miles and got a good deal. I have been riding my VTX now for three months and I keep coming back to this board and longing for the 109r. I personally love the style. My VTX is a very comfortable riding bike and I am wondering is the 109r comfortable on long rides with a different seat of coarse? What about saddlebags that could be utilized on longer rides? I am thinking about just biting the bullet and taking the loss on my VTX for the 109r and just would like to get as much information as I can before I go to the dealership..

Thanks
Brad

·
Registered
450 Posts
Find a dealership and take a test ride!  I looked around and drove 75 miles to go hop on one.  Well worth it, you can make your own judgement then.  Or i think if you read every post here you will also be sold on one.  My first ride i didn't like it, probably cause i was stuck testing it in the metro area.  I came home, slept through the night, woke up, and drove to the local dealer.  Out within a 1/2 hour on my black 109.

And yes it is comfortable for a stock seat for about 150 miles or so.  Doing 300 in a few weeks then we'll see.  Still waiting for the full cut seat to be available, currently on back order.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
At first I didn't think this was going to be a good londistance bike but I have since changed my mind. I did a little over 900 miles in two days and it did just fine. I'm about to take it on another long trip to Sturgis and I'm getting everything in order so it will be a good trip. The VTX is a great bike, this is very different from the VTX and that's why some guys like it and some guys hate it. I love it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the replys so far. I went to local dealership today and they had a blue/purple in stock for $10,999.00. They said they will give me $9,000.00 for mine without accessories, so at least I can sell the switchblade windshield, paladin quick detach backrest and rack, and hondaline saddlebags with quick detach hardware. I will know monday if I've made up my mind. I just want a good windshield for the 109r that blocks the wind and saddlebags for long rides.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
get it!!! there are some saddlebag,seat, and windshield options available that look very nice and are functionable. with plenty more on the way. im 6-5 and this bike is very comfortable to me. probably even better for the shorter people. check out the tourmaster saddle bags, follows the lines of the bike very well. its everything i could ask for in a cruiser and more. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hi Welcome to the club. I went from a VTX to this beast. I have not one single regret. I absolutely love the 109R. As for saddlebags and winshields. Do some searches on those topics and you will find a wealth of info from the members on this board, everyone here is great. Then close the deal on that bike that is a great price. Last but not least look up Hal and Lamont the guys who started this whole board and check out DIRECTLINEPARTS.COM The link is at the top of this msg board. Hal is the owner and has some great mods (shields, luggage and other great goodies) at great prices. Good luck and enjoy Ray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts