M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
I've looked at that board before to see what they're saying. What's weird to me is that if you search 109 over there. There's got to be 20 threads talking about us and bashing this bike. "it's ugly" "it's all plastic" "won't handle good because of the ugly(?) fat tire". How many threads about the VTX are there on this board? One or two, maybe? I know there is one because i reported on riding with my buddy that has a custom VTX. Why all the hatin over there when we just stick to helping each other with tech problems etc over here?

·
Registered
752 Posts
That was a good and fair reply you posted on the board VTOAX.

I raced my bro in-law on his 05 VTX and smoked him hard. Admitidly I am a better driver and if he knew what he was doing it would have been closer.

Also a funny story is that I am 6'5" and 220lbs. Pretty lean. I just saw a guy on a VTX last Friday who seemed to weigh as much as his VTX. (the VTX guy saw a guy who weighed as much as his 109r) Anyway I raced him and smoked him too. However this is because I was racing 2 VTX's weight with only one VTX's engine.

I do wish that the 109 was faster though. The VTX has been out for years and Suzuki's brand new power cruiser should annihilate it instead of just beating it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
The more I am thinking about this the more I think the speed limiter kicked in on the 109. He was beating a tuned VTX until top of fourth around 120?

Then the VTX came into it's own and walked away?

Speed limiter.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I also owned both bikes and can tell you that it is no contest as Oak states. The 109 will bury the X in a heartbeat. But having said that I will say that any bike can beat the 109 if the rider has no skill at handling the bike....

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
J R said:
I tell ya what for the ones in Florida how about we meet at Gainsville racway tomorro night test and tune 6-10 .Bring the vtx,s warriors,109,s v-rods and whatever and lets all run um :bigthumbsup: It would be a lot of fun :bigthumbsup:
I have never done it but it would be fun to learn how and watch someone who knows what he is doing. Maybe later this summer when can have a 109 meet and greet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I read the posting on the vtx hemust have a lot more done to his than the 2 guys on jumped Saturday. Both had pipes and programers, it was a father & son team. The first 40mph roll was against dad and he said he got into his rev limiter, the 2nd time was both at once but this time the son said he hit the rev limiter and dad said he missed a shift (plenty of excuses) The third time I sat still and let them pass me rolling into 2nd, I launched from a dead stop, smoked the tire and passed them at 120 mph, they both said they were running about 105 mph when I passed!! This is the first bike I have ever owned that you sit up straight on and I am completly satasfied!! (except the oil leak in the filter)

·
Registered
292 Posts
I bought my old VTX in August of 2001, and had almost five years of fun and great riding with that bike.. I was just looking for a change, in fact I almost bought a V2K last fall, but the stealer just got a little too greedy, considering all the leftovers he had on the floor. Anyway I started reading about this new bike coming out, and once I saw pictures of the 109, I thought that this one could be my next bike... and then I sat on one in April, and well , we all know the feeling---- I traded in my VTX four days later! I'm not going to bash the VTX.. It is a great bike.. But the 109 outperforms the VTX in just about every way.. ( except low end torque), but the high end pull more than makes up for it... Its a shame some guys over at VTXOA are bashing the 109 , I got alot of good advice from members on that forum when I had my VTX , I guess some people just can't handle the truth.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I think a lot of it just goes back to the thing of whatever you ride is the best. For us 109r's ours is the best, and it should be for the $12k that we spent on it! And these other guys invested their hard earned money on a bike that is not as good as ours, but they have the right to believe it is. :joke: Untill we blow their doors off!! :doorag:

·
Registered
752 Posts
For being a model that is what, 5 or 6 years older than ours. The VTX is a great bike. Our definitly out performs it but we didn't leapfrog it our anything. Also I think the VTX is a little smoother and has a little better finish.

I love my bike but the VTXr's should be proud of theirs too.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have owned a VTX myself. It truely is a great machine. I now own a 109. It's a great machine in it's own way. No question the 109 is faster. My X wasn't stock, either.

G

·
I had a 2003 VTX 1800 and loved it. I would own one again, if it had a 240 rear tire, 20 more ponies, and 15 lbs of torque.

I cused the jerk that stole it for 6 months until I saw the 109R, and it was like I was 17 again in the back seat of my 73 Lemans with Sally Sleeps Around and Van Halen rockin on my pioneer. Love, what a evil emotion.

TAZ

G

·
November 15th, had a 455 from a TA in mine, 3 transmissions and 8 L60 tires. Loved that car. So did Sally Sleeps Around.

Cars today suck, you have to be contortionist to get any action in these tin cans they make today.

·
Registered
752 Posts
71 le mans, 73 le mans.

My first car was an 83 malibu, police addition. Bought it for 350 from the high school auto shop. You could fit 4 bodies in that trunk.

·
Registered
849 Posts
It seems a lot of us, myself included are Xriders, or ex Xriders and a good share of the rest came off sport bikes. I just got tired of waiting for Honda to improve the X and the 109 offered too much right from the crate. I loved my X, still ride with Xriders, and my 109 is just so much quicker.
That's before I plug in Jeff W's TRE which the post office says will be here tomorrow.
We can give them the jump, and still do the job but taching 4 grand makes it easier. If the 109 is in too high a gear to start, it's a closer race.
Jer

·
Registered
608 Posts
I own a VTX1800F I like it and the only reason I dont own a M109R at this time is I cant afford it right now but as soon as I can I will get one I think it ( M109R) is a bad azz bike. I also own a suzuki 800 intruder :dontknow: :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts