M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a member of the forum since 2007 (my husband "tmduby" has an 07 LE). I have been riding sport bikes for years (have an orange ZX636). I've ridden with some of the M109r folks before here in Michigan.

Well, this weekend I grew a pair and bought a red 2007 "Fred".

Cant ride him right now, Lowering Links are on the way (I'm 4'11") droppin him 2.75", new bars/risers and forward controls are in the works. Came with Cobra speedster slashdowns and an Avon 250 rear, De-Beavered him and took the windshield off last night, polished his chrome up b/c I dont think he'd been given a bath since '07. Plan to relocate the Tach tonight. Guy I bought him from bought him last year, put 800 miles on him and decided the bike was too much. Cant wait to get out and ride him like he's meant to be ridden :D.

Big Thanks to tmduby and wiles426 for assisting in the Mods :bigthumbsup:.

Shortyy

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
congrats! careful in the corners :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
sweet!! be carful draggin pipes with that drop! coming off a sport bike im sure you like to carve the twistys up. youll love the 9:evil:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sweet!! be carful draggin pipes with that drop! coming off a sport bike im sure you like to carve the twistys up. youll love the 9:evil:
Thanks Guys..

I'm hoping that since the speedsters aren't routed as low as the swepts in the front it might not be as bad, but we'll see. I'm not so worried about the forward controls b/c when we mount the custom ones I can bring the brackets in tighter and I think I'm gonna bring the up about a 1/2" and back about 3".

I'm excited we'll see how long I keep the Kawi.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Cool good for you:congrats: And stay safe:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Did you actually grow a pair or just use your husbands since you probably normally have them anyway. :)

Great ride, have fun.

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Enjoy that bike! :congrats:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts