M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Fellow 9'ers,

I have a question is there anyone here in the Northeastern Ohio Area that has installed accent lights on there 9's themselves? I recently had new pipes installed on my 9 and while I had it at the shop I had some accent lights installed.

I now have lights in and around the engine, from wheel and rear wheel. I what to add some additional lights in the rear of the bike to brighten the rear wheel and I was thinking of adding lights in the radiator.

What I am looking to do is give my bike just a bit more pop when it comes to my accent lights. What I need is help, I am fairly mechanically inclined but wiring...especially light is a little greek to me.

The lights that are installed on the bike are Street FX lights with remote control for on/off. The other question that I have is can you mix and match when it comes to accent lighting.

Thanks any help and or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Take care stay safe and enjoy the ride!!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
You can mix and match all the lights you want. I have 30 LED lights on my bike. I started with a kit from Custom Dynamics and then I bought the flex LEDS from Auto Zone and Advance Auto (Discount). If you want longer lights I ordered some from Ozium.com they are the flex lights as well. Good luck you will get lots of looks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can mix and match all the lights you want. I have 30 LED lights on my bike. I started with a kit from Custom Dynamics and then I bought the flex LEDS from Auto Zone and Advance Auto (Discount). If you want longer lights I ordered some from Ozium.com they are the flex lights as well. Good luck you will get lots of looks.
Swt109,

Thanks for the info...now what I am going need is some help with tying the new lights into what I already have on the bike. That is going to be my challenge. I thought I would do this project myself....the lights are going to be way cheaper then having to buy them and paying someone to put them on.

If there is anyone out there that lives here in the greater Cleveland, OH area and has mad skills with accent lights please reach out to me...I will be needing a lil help thanks!

Thanks again Swt for the info..."LET THERE BE LIGHT"!!! :D

·
Registered
372 Posts
It should not be that hard to tie in the lights. Black to black and red to red. WindyCity was trying to get rid of some LED connection blocks in the 4-sale thread. Might want to see if he still has them. I think all he wanted was the cost of shipping. Good luck with the lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts