M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CMHGUY lives in Columbus... I thought you were from NM? How you getting to Columbus? Are you riding the whole way from NM?:dontknow:
Yep Im in NM. Gonna haul bike from here to Ohio in my truck, meet up with some family and then bike it to Fawn Grove pa. I was wanting to bike the trip too Ohio but I dont think the wifes up for that.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Yep Im in NM. Gonna haul bike from here to Ohio in my truck, meet up with some family and then bike it to Fawn Grove pa. I was wanting to bike the trip too Ohio but I dont think the wifes up for that.
How long you gonna be in Columbus? Maybe we can all hook up for dinner. I'm 2.5 hours from there, but willing to make the ride...

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How long you gonna be in Columbus? Maybe we can all hook up for dinner. I'm 2.5 hours from there, but willing to make the ride...
Sounds great Hink! I should be in Ohio on the 1st and then make the run to pa. Should be back in Ohio on the 5th or 6th and will be there until the 13th.

·
Registered
550 Posts
We rode I-68 a couple times... watch for the local pd on 68 going through downtown Cumberland (40mph) and then the state police on the east side after Cumberland for about 10 miles or so... But it's a beautiful trip.

Ride safe!!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I live 5 minutes off of I-44 about an hour and half southwest of St Louis, so if you want to stop through for a meal I would meet up with ya.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
free steak dinner for you brother if you happen to be near my neck of the woods. PM me when you might be driving thru and if our schedules will allow it.

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We rode I-68 a couple times... watch for the local pd on 68 going through downtown Cumberland (40mph) and then the state police on the east side after Cumberland for about 10 miles or so... But it's a beautiful trip.

Ride safe!!
Thanks Vamedic:bigthumbsup: Trip cost enuff without having to 'donate' to the meter maids:D

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live 5 minutes off of I-44 about an hour and half southwest of St Louis, so if you want to stop through for a meal I would meet up with ya.
Thanks JD. I would enjoy that very much. That sounds close to my route- I avoid st louis like a plague. If timings right and not very late or too early you'l hear from me:bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
free steak dinner for you brother if you happen to be near my neck of the woods. PM me when you might be driving thru and if our schedules will allow it.
Windy, thats super cool of ya bro:bigthumbsup: I dont think I'll make it up there on way out, but me and wife have been discussing doing Chicago on way ack. She has never been there. Short story-last time I was there was early 80's, me and a cuzz drove up from Ohio with the belief that somehow we was gonna meet Dennis Deyoung (Styx) and party with the band all nite.

Well, we did get drunk and sleep in a field on the hood of my '73 LTD....lol

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Windy, thats super cool of ya bro:bigthumbsup: I dont think I'll make it up there on way out, but me and wife have been discussing doing Chicago on way ack. She has never been there. Short story-last time I was there was early 80's, me and a cuzz drove up from Ohio with the belief that somehow we was gonna meet Dennis Deyoung (Styx) and party with the band all nite.

Well, we did get drunk and sleep in a field on the hood of my '73 LTD....lol
i understand, if you do decide to stop on your way back, please give me a call. lots have changed here since the 80's. i loved the city back in the 80's. a handful of times in the late 80's, we would ditch school and run the city streets all day. ferris bueller style. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
thats gonna be a busy Two weeks ,and on the Forth of July to boot :eek:
Better watch that wizzing in Ohio , I hear the Leo's up there arent very understanding

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I can meet up anywhere from Wheeling to Cumberland. There's a bunch of us through there.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Bump... You still comin' through?

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
man hope you are have a good trip. that sounds like fun man.:bigthumbsup:

im like a mile off a70 on the east side of KC if you are taking that way back.

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got back from my visit to the east, sunday morning. Talk about completely wiped out-but in a good way!

Huff, man I'm sorry I didnt catch up with you-my family kept me so busy the whole time I barely had time for sleep. And then my wife got home sick for the grandchildren and her dog and made me leave a few days early so that killed my plans of contacting you.

Windy as you can see above, I didnt make Chicago:'(

JD, It was midnite when I went thru your area so I did the decent thing and let you sleep:bigthumbsup:

pynikal, I didnt see your post until I returned home. I got a motel room off of I70 just east of KC friday night. And then took rte 50 west. I gotta get a laptop.......

RonnieTheBull -Damn, didnt see yor post til I returned home.

I will do better planning for next years trip thats for sure!

I had a heck of a great time out there and a couple of great stories I gotta post up soon!

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wow, looks like you succeeded in avoiding EVERYONE!!!

LOL:joke:
LOL-yep...But if I tried to it wouldnt of happened...

I was looking forward to these guys buying me dinner darnit:joke: Gets expensive on the road:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts