M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to meet up with a buddy to go for our Sunday ride and when I pulled in to the local "SHEETZ" (the gathering place) there was an assortment of bikes all parked together. Of course I pulled into a spot by my lonesome and went in for a cup of java before the ride. I walked out over to the bikes and there was 4 VTX's parked in a row. I spoke to the owners and told them I admired their bikes and ALMOST bought one until I saw the "109". They automatically followed me over to my bike and looked on in Awe of the 240 tire, the beauty of the debagded tank and just the overall size of the "brawler". . . . I felt like a proud papa!!!!

Later in the day we stopped at the local watering hole and the Harley riders all stopped and looked at this bike :bigthumbsup:

Love the ride .... love the look-

G

·
Good to know I have a friend that has a VTX and I also was thinking about the VTX until I tried to stand it up. Couldn't do it so that was an automatic no go. I can't wait to show him my ride :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
I ride with several Xer's and most of them are die hards. Some don't like the look of the M, some don't like the limit of aftermarket parts, but almost all of them respect it. One guy regretted getting his 1800 F and was talking about selling his to get an M.
The over all view I get is they don't care what you ride, as long as you ride! I must say, the X'ers here in Texas area are good group of people and they make it enjoyable riding and hangin out with them. It does feel good when you are around a group of people and your M is the most talked about bike; Good, Bad or Indifferent...

G

·
Isn't it great. 4 of us with 109's got together yesterday to ride up to a bike event and we all met at a Wawa. We were sitting out front waiting for some others and other bikers were just staring and asking all kinds of questions about the bikes. It is amazing how many people just love the looks of these bikes. Like you said,"Proud Papa" for sure.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The dealership here that sells Zuki's is also a Honda dealer.. When I went in to look at the 109 for the first time I tried out the fit on a VTX 1800. Had a nice ride feel for me, but trying to stand that heavy bugger up off the kickstand almost twisted my knee out. I'm perhaps not the most fit of personages, but I do mountain bike a good deal and I'm pretty sure that bike is just way too heavy. By comparison, the 109 stood itself up under me.. I almost bought it there and then! :bigthumbsup:

Still waiting for a break in travel so I can actually buy the bike and get to ride it for a week before I have to get on an airplane and leave town for a month at a stretch 8( New job is really making it hard to have "me" time.. but on the plus side I do have more fun when I get time 8) so I guess its a fair trade.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To tell you the truth, my experience with all the riders around here has been very positive. There is a common thread though .... they all want to know "what bike is that"? Again, makes me feel like a proud papa.

I hope it lasts a while. Haven't seen another 109 yet on my cruisen routes. Although a guy down the street saw mine in the drive way and went out and bought one (silver), So that's when I started the mods and I'm addicted to "tweaking" now!

Black is the fastest!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
i used to have a vtx and even though it was a fine bike.........I must admit, ......i dont miss it, since i got the 109 ....   :D
tc

·
Registered
705 Posts
Until a month or so ago I had two VTXs and two 109s. Since then I have sold one of each. I will probably sell the other VTX soon. I like both the VTX and 109, but the 109 is more comfortable because I have long legs and long arms. I think both the VTX and 109 are beautiful bikes, but the 109 handles much better in the curves. The low RPM torque and primordial rumble of the VTX is soothing when cruising the back roads. But I give the (y) to the 109.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts