M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a few of you guys have owned the VTX 1800 I have a simple question for those that would know What size tyre can be fitted to the VTX 1800 will you get a 250 on it ?

·
Registered
665 Posts
I don't think you can go much bigger,than stock,with the rear rim that's on there. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
My previous bike was a 02 1800 C model. The widest tire you could install on the stock rim was the Metz ME880 200 series. You could mount a 240 series tire but that required the installation of a modified swing arm which was notched and welded on the right side and the left side required the driveshaft tube to have a indentation pressed into it. I had considered applying the wide tire kit to the X and when I did the math it was cheaper to trade up to the 109.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Depends on how much money and work you want to put into it. Stock I think a 200 is as big as you can go.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
M109LOVER said:
Notice that it is BLACK...
That is because the guys that do those types of mods put sooooo much energy into the mechanical design that when it comes time to choose paint they just don't have anything left and say f'it, paint it black, I'm too tired to look at paint!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Any of you former or current VTX owners have a windshield you might want to sell? I have a brother in-law w/ a 2006 VTX 1300 and he'd like to buy a used one if possible.

Mazatrol

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the responces guys my mate should be pleased with the outcome but Lamont who makes the fat ass rear end for them are they purely custom 1 off's or avaliable like the 300 single sided swing arms for the Busa's

1 - 15 of 15 Posts