M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
I'm planning on getting a windshield for my m109 and I really like the look of vstream tinted 7" shield. My concern is: will it push the air flow over my head? I am 5'10". Does it reduce air resistance? Does anyone have this shield? Please let me know your thoughts/experience.
Also if anyone knows where to get a good deal on one of those, I'm all ears.

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
The Vstream mostly takes the wind off your chest. It keeps the flow of the bike, but offers little protection. I'm 6'5" and the wind catches me at the forehead. I use the Vstream for solo riding, and I have a Rifle Tall windshield for 2-up with the wife.

-Josh

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you

Thanx.
Well since you are so talland it only catches your forehead, maybe I'll slide under the airflow.

Appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
I'm 5'11" and it caught me in the head with it all the way up the forks. I didn't like it at all. Do a search on older threads here. We've discussed this a lot lately, within the last couple of weeks, and there are some tips on how to adjust it and make it better. I took mine off and sold it before I really tried anything else.

G

·
All comes down to your helmet. Open face = you may not like it. Full face helmet = you probably will.

2007 Black M109R

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
:agree:

·
Registered
636 Posts
I am 6 foot, use a full face with the visor open. The windshield works great for me. I can leave the visor up and the wind goes right up over my helmet. Mostly it keeps the wind off my chest so I don't have to work so hard to stay on the bike at 70mph.

I wouldn't call it full wind protection, if you want that get the rifle and the lowers. If you just want some protection for longer rides the v-stream works fine and looks the best. I put mine on for anything over 150 miles and I am happy.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I just took mine V-Stream off. After you hit a 120 or 130 kmh it buffers the wind like crazy. I wear a full face and it rattled my hemet so bad that I couldn't even see. If you are going to stay under 70 or 75 mph I think it will be ok. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just installed the clear touring Vstream on my 2011LE. I am 5'10 and with it positioned at the top of the forks the wind just hits the top of my helmet. If I scootch forward a tiny bit on the seat the wind clears me all together. But that is not the ideal position, just the let you know how close I am to total protection. If it was made an inch or two higher it would be ideal. But am happy with my choice as it is much a more comfortable ride and I think the best looking choice. I went with the clear so it is less obvious and does not cover up the stripe on the nacelle.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Just remember that the touring is the 10in and that is what most of us have. I am 6ft and with the touring the wind hits me right in the forhead. I have it all the way up too.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have the clear touring windshield .. not sure if that is the 7" unit or not. I'm 6'1" and use a Scorpion EXO-100 1/2 helmet with the drop down visor (great helmet btw). I find that with a normal riding position I feel very little air on the bottom of my face or any part of my helmet. The screen is just high enough to project most of the air over my head. I reccomend the touring windshield.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
... the wind just hits the top of my helmet. ... just the let you know how close I am to total protection. ..
Sorry Buddy ,, but if you have the time , go look at yourself in the mirror ,
I think your shield did not protect your face too well :redfaced: .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts