M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had m109 from 2007 edelbrock intakes scorpion tails etc
bought vrod muscle in 2010
must admit apart from the harley being expensive it has shown up better all round
handling , acceleration etc
three mates still run bullys one a 201o unit which we did a run on
the vrod cannoned it away
on harley johannesburg website is a video of a standard rod cleaning up a nully with nos on it
if interested i will get web page

pepe

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I think I smell something that rhymes with mole.

Sorry bud, this has been discussed extensively here. A race between the Vrod and M109r comes down to the rider in most cases. I am not saying that one is faster than the other but they are close enough in performance that a skilled rider will make up difference.

But I will say this with 100% certainty, the 109 has so much more torque and is so much more comfortable than a Vrod that I wouldn't be caught dead riding a Vrod after my 30 minute test ride. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I usually say welcome to first time posters...

Not this time :cus:

Maybe in your second post you'd like to talk about our mothers.

·
Registered
147 Posts
VRODs and all other Harleys imho are way way overpriced,how can a vrod be worth twice the price,over here the harleys are mostly ridden by dentists and lawyers at the weekends wearing there chaps and leather waistcoats lol tryin to look badass,i guess in the states you have the real deal guys who have ridden harleys all their lives and guys who ride beaten up ones cause they love the brand.But these 9s are quick for what they are Muscle cruisers,if i want fast il buy a zzr1400.As to which is quicker a vrod night rod or dick rod il let you know come spring when me and my Harley Hunter 9 go looking...............

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I think I smell something that rhymes with mole.

Sorry bud, this has been discussed extensively here. A race between the Vrod and M109r comes down to the rider in most cases. I am not saying that one is faster than the other but they are close enough in performance that a skilled rider will make up difference.

But I will say this with 100% certainty, the 109 has so much more torque and is so much more comfortable than a Vrod that I wouldn't be caught dead riding a Vrod after my 30 minute test ride. :bigthumbsup:
you have such a sweet way with words JD.:evil:

and for the price M109R is the winner!! or i could just have like 3 109s in the garage and 1 vrod.....ripoff

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
had m109 from 2007 edelbrock intakes scorpion tails etc
bought vrod muscle in 2010
must admit apart from the harley being expensive it has shown up better all round
handling , acceleration etc
three mates still run bullys one a 201o unit which we did a run on
the vrod cannoned it away
on harley johannesburg website is a video of a standard rod cleaning up a nully with nos on it
if interested i will get web page

pepe
Are you on the Vrod site? Just want to make sure because I am going to go sign on and make a post about I have spanked a muscle and destroyed a regular vrod. I have friends with both and as stated earlier, it is all a drivers race between the bikes. Only difference is the 109 draws more attention and is a sexier bike.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Someone said Drugs are bad over there. and that proves it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
V rod is a great bike. M109r is a great bike. Ride whatever you wish...just ride. I own a 9 because I personally really like the bike. I don't ride a vrod because of the Harley brainwash club, the over-all look and the seats.
I ride motorcycles.
Owning a Harley, buying into the Harley mentality...buying Harley socks, boots, Harley shirts, Harley stickers for my car, Harley dog collar, Harley underwear, Harley glasses, Harley EVERYTHING....blah blah...just not my thing. Harley owners act mean and bad...thats OK. I ride my 9 with a big smile and enjoy every second I am on my bike.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts