M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a voltmeter on the 9. I tour a bit and thought it might be a nice to have. I'm going to put an odessy battery on it in the spring and I thought I might put on a voltmeter at the same time. Cheers

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Has anyone put a voltmeter on the 9. I tour a bit and thought it might be a nice to have. I'm going to put an odessy battery on it in the spring and I thought I might put on a voltmeter at the same time. Cheers
why put a volt meter on the 9
I know it is a personal preference however
its an easy tie-in if you are doing; be sure to tie it in where it only gets power when the ignition switch is on

lets see some pictures of the meter install on the 9

G

·
Should be a piece of cake, I put one on my ZX-7. Easy to do, just need a good place to mount the display. Easier on a sportbike, but I have seen handlebar mounts on some cruiser part sites. Depends how pretty or "factory looking" you want it. I prefer function.

A voltmeter saved me from a dying alternator in my Chevy once. Limped it straight to the dealer, and it died right in the service lot! :bigthumbsup:

You can never have too much information to diagnose or fix problems.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Every bike I have owned I eventually put a volt meter on. The two CBXs I owned came stock with them. They are ggod because they will tell you in advance that your battery is going dead, by showing a lower reading.

Eventually I will put one on my nine, I have one in the garage froma previous bike, Just have not got around to doing it yet. I need to buy a chrome pod to install it in, its an Autometer gauge. I usually just hook them straight to the battery, with a hidden toggle switch to turn it on and off. I do not worry about the gauge lights because I rarely ride at night. The six miles from work to home at midnight is well light by city lights anyhow.

I'll get it done this winter, along with some other mods I plan, one being a cylinder head temperature gauge, which came off my last CBX.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts