M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally its vacation time and tomorrow my wife and I head out to Las Vegas. Going to miss the bike and I'm sorry to say I'm renting a Harley to drive out to Hoover Dam. I pray my 109 will forgive me. No 109's to rent unfortunately. :D

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was not impressed by 2 things. One was the Harley Fatboy I rented, not impressed at all and #two was the fact that it was 110 degrees and it felt like a convection oven while riding. I'll keep my 109 and Florida thank you!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hehehe, but it is a "dry" heat!! I went to an island and let me tell you... The "wet" heat is just as bad.

As for the 110 degrees, I try to avoid that. Full gloves help to keep your knuckles from cooking too! Hope you had a good time here.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I rented a Harley Duece out there 3 weeks ago. I had a couple of buddies to ride out with so we hauled axe out to Mount Charleston and what a nice ride up the mountain it was the temp drop was like 40 degrees. It felt like 70 degrees up there.

On the way back we were hit with a wall of hot air that was like driving into a furnace. TO make things worse I got stuck behind an SUV in slow traffic. The SUV basically threw the 130 degree road heat in my face. I had to get out of there fast. I most have lost 4 lbs of water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts