M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,have any of the inmates had their bike vinyl wrapped?i run a 09 pearl white,blue stripe LE,but am toying with going to satin black,been doing a bit of research,googled some utube footage of companies doing some bike and car wrapping,and it looks real good,and has the added bonus of leaving your paint in A1 condition underneath.So was wondering if any of you guys had gone this route?

·
Registered
696 Posts
I've had parts of my bike covered and sealed with clear vinyl. I didn't have the whole bike done, only the areas exposed to possible wear and tear. Check your local tint shops or vinyl sign makers. They may be able to do it for you as well. There was a local tint shop that charged me $150 cdn to cover part of my tank, the lower seat side covers, the front radiator side trims, the rear seat cowl, and the chrome and black trim on the headlight.

The paint looks the same and it actually hides the small fine scratches commonly seen on the black/blue fleck paint scheme (paint code YAY).

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Seen trucks and trailers with this done and they look sweet, I'm curious how long it would last.
I would love to do it to my enclosed trailer

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A good friend of mine runs a grapics place and they are doing it,so im going to go see the design guy,i want satin black with samurai warrior designs in profile,maybe graphite colour or maybe orange or white,if he can pull the design up on the screen il have a better idea of how it would look.Im going to leave all the chrome,i know alot of the guys who go satin black also blackout the brightwork but for me i think it looks better left.....but if anyone out there has wrapped their bike id like to see it please..................

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Wow the vido was great! But I would be concerned with sun fadding and more important it is beautiful shinny now but how do you keep it that way?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,942 Posts
Wow the vido was great! But I would be concerned with sun fadding and more important it is beautiful shinny now but how do you keep it that way?
You wax it just like you do paint. Consider paint is basically a plastic type material, other than the epoxies. So it's really not a lot different as far as care.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have all my tins in now being wrapped...Should be finished in a few weeks I will post pics once it's completed :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Nice idea. Suzuki paint sucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts