M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Believe me Hink already dealt with that situation and was compensated!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Hinks bike is all paint.........no decals or stickers on his 9! I promise you that!

And he is aware of this guy using his bike as advertisement..

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
The silver stripe was vinyl. It took about 3 hours to apply perfectly. The hardest was the front fender. You have to cut the stripe down to 2" to make it work. Take your time, use a hair dryer, or heat gun... spray windex on the painted surface, then squeegee out the bubbles. I would recommend trying it. It is a cheap mod, that will completely change the look of your bike.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I put the white stripe on my gray bike...like hink said,takes about 3hrs to apply.....totally changed the look of the bike.....it seems to keep those pesky harleys in their place:D

·
Registered
361 Posts
I had a sign shop do mine and they only charge me 8.00 dollars. I did it in white.
Check a local sign shop in your area and see if they can save you some money.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I used a sign shop also, and the worst thing was my horrible vinyl skills. I am go tomorrow to get the rest of my stripe put on by the shop. I can't deal with all the curves.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I think I will head to a sign shop and see what kind of pricing they will give me. Otherwise I may have to go with the the Ebay one.

Cheers guy's :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I just ordered a gloss black stripe. I think it'll look good on the grey. We will see!

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I just ordered a gloss black stripe. I think it'll look good on the grey. We will see!
Absolutely.. post up a pic when your done as i had considered at one time doing a black stripe on my gray as well...

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
pepboys, autozone, advance auto sells them too. Think I paid about $12 for a roll that was big enough to do my bike 4 times...... and that's how many times I did it before I got it how I liked it.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I dont understand how they are able to get the stripe so cheap. I am trying to have a stripe made for my bike, just a black one with yellow pinstripes and Ive had quotes range from $200 - $600 !!!! that does not include the $45 "setup" fee to get them printed!! I dont understand what the hell is wrong with companies in my area... this should be dirt cheap to produce.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I dont understand how they are able to get the stripe so cheap. I am trying to have a stripe made for my bike, just a black one with yellow pinstripes and Ive had quotes range from $200 - $600 !!!! that does not include the $45 "setup" fee to get them printed!! I dont understand what the hell is wrong with companies in my area... this should be dirt cheap to produce.
It IS dirt cheap to produce, these companies are making a KILLING doing this... $200-600??? I am in the WRONG business!!

I may check out Pepboys next time I'm south of the border...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I actually asked this seller to make an LE stripe set for me which ended up with him starting to sell these on ebay. The seller is great to deal with and even threw in an extra 3ft. section of stripe for free. I got the flat black stripe set from him and it looks great.

If the seller doesnt have the color or style you're looking for they are very easy to deal with and are very accommodating.

I sent him a pic of Hinks bike as a reference so he could create the stripe. He asked me if he could use the picture for use on ebay. I told him that he would need to contact hink for permission. I gave the seller both the URL to the sight and hink's user name so he could look him up.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I actually asked this seller to make an LE stripe set for me which ended up with him starting to sell these on ebay. The seller is great to deal with and even threw in an extra 3ft. section of stripe for free. I got the flat black stripe set from him and it looks great.

If the seller doesnt have the color or style you're looking for they are very easy to deal with and are very accommodating.

I sent him a pic of Hinks bike as a reference so he could create the stripe. He asked me if he could use the picture for use on ebay. I told him that he would need to contact hink for permission. I gave the seller both the URL to the sight and hink's user name so he could look him up.
Wow... He said you claimed the bike was YOURS and that you had the bike repainted and wanted another stripe. In fact, he showed me the email from you, stating this. I was wondering who liked my bike this much to call it their own. Thanks for clearing that up for me! Oh, and thanks for the extra pocket change too!:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts