M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the VIN number located on a 2009 M109R LE. It appears that because I'm purchasing this bike out of state that the local Dept of Motor vehicles Office, DMV wants to PHYSICALLY see the VIN Number before I can title and register the vehicle in Kentucky. :dontknow::dontknow:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Tbar, the Vehicle Identification Number should be on a sticker placed on the front part of the frame by the radiator covers and on the left side (shifter side) of the bike:bigthumbsup:.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
My vin runs down the right side of the steering neck. If you turn the steering all the way to the left you'll see it running down.

Not unless your looking for different numbers.

Dave.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Yes, right side steering stem is the one they care about. That is stamped into the frame. The stickers are easier to read, but are just that---stickers, all they really care about is the stamped frame. Interesting, IN uses local law enforcement to verify that info on the bike when coming from out of state.

·
Registered
665 Posts
My vin runs down the right side of the steering neck. If you turn the steering all the way to the left you'll see it running down.

Not unless your looking for different numbers.

Dave.
+1, when I am sitting on the bike , it is on the left side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts