M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone wanted to hear some noise from vance and hines have a listen to this!

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
913 Posts
I was going to ask how the baffles come out? :dontknow:
you have to losen up the chrome tips, and slide them forward, so you will have to do this when the bike is cold

after sliding the tips forward, there is a allen head screw on the swing arm side of the pipe, at the rear of the pipe. remove this allen head screw. then take a pair of pliars and pull the baffles out. Very simple!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I pulled the baffles out and cut off the plug caps that are welded to the baffles and then reinstalled the baffles into the pipes. They look just like freeze plugs on an engine. Its like debaffling the stock exhaust. Now you can see straight through the baffles.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
They sound much better after they break-in and they don't attract as much attention...the Db meters will be coming in every state and you will be paying through the wazoo or having you bike impounded...it's an easy way to generate municipal dollars with out the general public getting angry.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They sound much better after they break-in and they don't attract as much attention...the Db meters will be coming in every state and you will be paying through the wazoo or having you bike impounded...it's an easy way to generate municipal dollars with out the generally public getting angry.
I am actually pleasantly surprised as to how quiet the pipes can be if you are just cruising along, even at 100kph if your just giving the minimum throttle you practically whisper by

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Quite frankly, why change pipes at all?? If your gonna keep the baffles on just stick with the stock pipe, they sound very similar.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quite frankly, why change pipes at all?? If your gonna keep the baffles on just stick with the stock pipe, they sound very similar.
When you give it a full twist on the throttle it sounds much different then stock, believe me!

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
those don't sound like the big shots i have heard. you must still have the baffles inside in those videos.

i am sure you will be pleasantly surprised when you take those baffles out. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,942 Posts
I think they sound good both ways, and I agree with Gramps that sooner or later we'll wish we had kept those baffles. At least if you remove them you can put them back.

Then they will start looking for the OEM manufacturer's stamp on the pipes and we'll all be crying. :-X

1 - 12 of 12 Posts