M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Pretty dang sweet :a18: Hope you get the heat shields to work out and look good.

·
Registered
243 Posts
That sounds incredible!!! :bigthumbsup:

I am new to the pipe modifying thing. Why do the upper pipes look like copper in this pic and even in JRS pics? Is that what is under the chrome? and the chrome slides off?? I really want to do this to mine but don't really hava clue where to start... :redfaced:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Thats what the pipes look like under the heat sheilds................. I think they are bare stainless.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just wanted to say that I fell in love with the 109 at the first sight but was worried about the 2 pin crank sound piped, but you just cured that. Suzuki should be thanking you for just making them another sale. My Z1000 is now officialy up for sale, anyone interested?? Thanks man

·
Registered
702 Posts
The sound is much more lumpy, but still smooth up in the revs. I love it. Knowing that it makes me more nimble because it's lighter than stock is a big plus too.

Nice job and thanks for posting the vid.

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thats a good sound. I love it. Right know I am running with no mufflers. And it is really load. But that sounds so so good. Did you leave the SET in or did you take it out.  I really couldn't tell in the picture but it kinda looked like you left there. The exhaust thing to me is more for sound than performance. I will get that out of the supercharger that is being made for the bike. But ounce you get it all welded together repost this and lets us know how the bike runs and if you need to make any changes to the fuel/air mixture or anything.  Thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
Bonehead said:
Thats what the pipes look like under the heat sheilds................. I think they are bare stainless.
BH,

I thought the heat shields were the 2 inch wide crome pieces, that protect yor legs from the pipes... We have two or three of them running along the pipes. So all the chrome we see is heat shielding and it slides over the actual pipes???

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Spankster said:
BH,

I thought the heat shields were the 2 inch wide crome pieces, that protect yor legs from the pipes... We have two or three of them running along the pipes. So all the chrome we see is heat shielding and it slides over the actual pipes???
From the jugs to where the mufflers connect is covered with heat sheilds, aleast the top muffler is chromes its entire lenght the bottom one has a heat sheid on all of it except the last 6" or so, you should be able to see the screwhead for the clamps that hold them on quite easily.

Just run your hand around and along the pipes and you'll see what I mean , and look at the bottom muffler from the top between the wheel and muffler and you'll be able to see how it's set up too :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
korndog75 said:
Just wanted to say that I fell in love with the 109 at the first sight but was worried about the 2 pin crank sound piped, but you just cured that. Suzuki should be thanking you for just making them another sale. My Z1000 is now officialy up for sale, anyone interested?? Thanks man
No prob.. hope you sell your Z :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PittBull4939 said:
Thats a good sound. I love it. Right know I am running with no mufflers. And it is really load. But that sounds so so good. Did you leave the SET in or did you take it out. I really couldn't tell in the picture but it kinda looked like you left there. The exhaust thing to me is more for sound than performance. I will get that out of the supercharger that is being made for the bike. But ounce you get it all welded together repost this and lets us know how the bike runs and if you need to make any changes to the fuel/air mixture or anything. Thanks
yes the set is there. when is the supercharger coming out? and by who? That will ROCK!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts