M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M109RidersVideo - May 31, 2010 - May Day May Day Were Going Down Were Going Down...

2 Boulevards down all riders scrape through!

Crew of cruisers went on a ride to Rotorua via Waihi and Tauranga on Saturday 29th May!

Just 3km's south of Waihi we had an incident that will stay with the whole crew that rode there on the day. Ants & Kat hit the slippery patch smack bang in the center of our side of the road causing them to fall and no way to regather and Bryan managed to miss everyone (great skill mate) taking the outside lane with young Hayley ending up on the other side of the road and very lucky not to have met an on coming car!

2 Boulevards written off RIP C90 & C109R but thank our lucky stars that Bryan, Hayley and Ants & Kat get to walk away and talk about what happened...I personally would love to ride again with both the lads and I seriously hope to do so however for the young ladies I believe that may have been the last day out on the rides. Time will tell?

Best wishes to all 4 of our buddies and heal fast Hayley and Kat.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Wow, thank goodness for their survival. Best wishes to the lady and the man in the stretcher. By the looks of them both, they were putting on a brave face. Get well soon to enjoy another day in the sun but with a bit more caution in the wind.

Stay safe everyone. Shiny side up.
Paul

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey guys glad to see all ok :a18: did something similar last year on my C109 with the wife on the back always hard to get back on but worth the effort,All the best from 2 more Kiwi riders

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ants, Katrina, Bryan and Hailey all the best for a speedy recovery.
Sue and I hope to ride with you all again soon.
Troy....good work once again.

·
Registered
89 Posts
A little action I was pleased to have missed.
Good to see the ace camera crew at work.

Here's wishing you all a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
47 Posts
lucky to tell the tale.

Something that you often wonder when pushing into some corners, is what may be loose on the road

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Kat hit the slippery patch.....
Was it water or oil on the road? I'm glad they had on good gear or it would have been much worse. I hope they are all feeling better soon. Alot of times I think it's scarier for the other riders than even for the ones that went down. It brings home the potential danger of being on two wheels real quickly.

G

·
**** mate what a bummer!
Glad you are all ok though.
Had the rain just got heavier or was it diesel or something?
All the best and get back on when you can! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
196 Posts
M109RidersVideo - May 31, 2010 - May Day May Day Were Going Down Were Going Down...

2 Boulevards down all riders scrape through!

Crew of cruisers went on a ride to Rotorua via Waihi and Tauranga on Saturday 29th May!

Just 3km's south of Waihi we had an incident that will stay with the whole crew that rode there on the day. Ants & Kat hit the slippery patch smack bang in the center of our side of the road causing them to fall and no way to regather and Bryan managed to miss everyone (great skill mate) taking the outside lane with young Hayley ending up on the other side of the road and very lucky not to have met an on coming car!

2 Boulevards written off RIP C90 & C109R but thank our lucky stars that Bryan, Hayley and Ants & Kat get to walk away and talk about what happened...I personally would love to ride again with both the lads and I seriously hope to do so however for the young ladies I believe that may have been the last day out on the rides. Time will tell?

Best wishes to all 4 of our buddies and heal fast Hayley and Kat.

Glad i stayed home for this one.Rang Ants and Kat and they are all good , They were in Colemans looking at a new bike , one hell of a way to get a new m109r, but Brayn has made a call to end his riding days. So to everyone involved get well, and we will see you ON THE NORTH RUNS , WHERE THE SUN SHINES AND THE ROADS ARE DRY .

NEW ZEALAND CRASH TEST DUMMYS INC , would anyone else like to join , ITS FREE AND WE HAVE JACKETS

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
Glad to hear that no one was seriously hurt. Tell them to heal up quickly. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
Best wishes for a speedy recovery to all of them, and I'm sorry that happened. No one wants to go down and no one wants to see them do it. Glad they had plenty of help there with them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I really am sorry to hear about the accident and the injuries that were suffered. I hope everyone recovers soon...I've been there and done that ..and still have five or six months before I can go back to work much less ride...

I am amazed each time I come on here with the outpouring of caring and sympathy that the people on here show.. couldn't ask for a better bunch of people to be a part of the community.

best wishes and my prayers to the riders that fell and to those who are there friends and family.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts