M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend, my 6 year old son and I worked on taking his training wheels off his bike (I also taught him how to use a ratchet, and deep well sockets, and let him do it!). Well, after wrapping my belt around his waist, and running beside him for about an hour, he picked it up! He rode for hours upon hours this weekend! He was so proud of himself, but I think his daddy was the proudest of them all! Here is a short clip of him riding. I bought him a new "Spiderman" bike today, instead of the chin spoiler I wanted. I think I made a wise choice! His old bike was just too small for him now. Anyways, here is my boy... Tyler!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Great vid there Hink, I have a 7 and 8 year old, and I remember the day that I took off the training wheels for them both.... and then had to put my heart back into my chest every time they had a big wobble. They ride like pro's now though. They get the hang of things much quicker than you think is possible! Next thing I know, they'll be asking me for the keys to the 9. Maybe I should start saving to buy more motorbikes... Yeah... that sounds like a good excuse... I wonder what the Wifey will say...

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Yup in not too long he is gonna want a motor. Maybe needs a playing card and clothes pin for now. Betcha your the proud papa on the block today.
Bob

·
Registered
433 Posts
That is awesome man.:bigthumbsup: Enjoy it, they grow up quick. It seemed like yesterday I was taking the training wheels off my Daughters bike, now she is about a year away from driving.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Very happy for you Bro

I didn't get a chance to see that with my two, you're a lucky man. :congrats: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Oh ya, i remember that day with my son as well.... I was the same way. :congrats: bro, thats awesome... :bigthumbsup: and Tyler gets two thumbs up from me :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Proud PAPA!

My older two daughters were about 6 when they took off on a 2 wheeler and I didn't get to see it but while we were in Germany my youngest was 3 and said daddy I want to ride like my sisters do, so I took off her training wheels and thought to myself, do we have a good stock of band-aids? But she took off and hasn't looked back since.
Have fun, he'll be terrorizing the neighborhood all summer now. 8)

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Looks like a natural:D:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Hey Hink, how come you're doin' all the huffin' and puffin' when Tyler's doin' all the ridin'? :joke:

Seriously though, very cool. Wheels=freedom

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yo Bro, thats great...pretty soon he'll be ready for the mods!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yyeehh.... Tyler! :clap2: Good job daddy!:bigthumbsup: I'm so happy you were there to experience this with him! It is a great feeling!! I remember both boys taking off for their first time!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts