M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Click here to view

Here's a small sampling of the Dragon we did yesterday. It was at about 7pm and the sun was setting low which made for a really cool riding feel. Plus the Titanium feelers were fun to watch.

We must have done over 2000 curves on Saturday easy because theres 318 in 11 miles on the Tail of the Dragon alone. Personally I'm more of a Hellbender 28, Cherohala Skyway, Blue Ridge Parkway, GA Hwy 197 & Hwy 60 type rider but the Dragon is alot of fun as well. I'll take any paved road in the mountains and have fun for sure.

The helmet cam view and the forwards tank mount view were on my bike as I trailed BobbyMac & Lucky06. However the low backwards angle view I actually mounted the camera on Lucky06's bike with BobbyMac trailing him.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Chad mentioned it already but I have to chime in and agree with him that riding at 80% is the way to go. I didn't have a single moment in the 800 miles that scared me or was a "close call". We are still having alot of fun and by no means are we just "chugging" through the twisties.

That being said, I was riding at near 100% and couldn't keep up with a Fedex truck in Tennessee and a HARLEY rider on the Dragon passed me and Chad and Rob. When the HD guy passed me, it looked like he scraped his primary cover!! :eek: :bow:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Coolest 109 video that I've seen so far. Great Job!

Now if I could cut out the cursing on the music I could send it out to my email list!

·
Registered
245 Posts
:bigthumbsup::congrats:Oh my God! thats looks great man, great job and than u guys know how to handle those 9 best's I take my hat of to you guys,but i'll be back without babysitting my buddy on the Goldwing and its going to be a different story ...hahahah Oh Im looking into buying a FedEx van hahahhaha if u know what I mean?:clap2::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
159 Posts
That is a great video! It amazes me how you guys throw that bike around.:eek: I am no where near comfortable on the beast to even attempt scraping my pegs. Awesome looking ride through the twisteis.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What are the mirrors on your bike (as seen from helmet cam) and where did you get them thanks.
Kuryakyn Sycthe II mirriors (make sure you also get the metric thread adapters)

http://www.jpcycles.com/search/sear...=All&x=0&y=0&gclid=COOfzOi_lKQCFRGe7QoduASDCg

That is a great video! It amazes me how you guys throw that bike around.:eek: I am no where near comfortable on the beast to even attempt scraping my pegs. Awesome looking ride through the twisteis.:bigthumbsup:
Thanks! Me, Chad & Bobby ride the mountains alot so you get accustomed to riding that way. The M109 can really handle itself well for a cruiser weighing 800lbs. There's other really good mountain riders on the M109's around as well. If your a flatlander it would be hard to get the experience needed to feel very comfortable in alot of those curves I think.

I'm always trying to improve my riding and not crossing the line into riding reckless or dangerous. Plus I always tell myself when I'm riding in the mountains "If your getting to close to the centerline your going too fast....slow it down NATHAN!" :doorag: Anybody can ride fast if your using both lanes, but that's just lazy and dangerous.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You really out did yourself this time bro. By far the most bad :edit: video to date. I cant wait to get down there and tear up that road. :a18:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
:D:D:D:D:D That is all I did while watching that video!! Man that turned out awesome!! Bobby and I really toned it down going across the Dragon that evening just so we could stay in close proximity of each other and get some good sparking action. Next time we will need to turn them loose and get a better shot of how it looks at full speed!! That was great Nathan, Awesome job as usual!! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Very good vid :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts