M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Victory is soon to come out with an attachment for the Hammer to mount the cowl from behind the seat to the bars as a wind deflector.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
victory has some sharp bikes. was looking at them hard before i came across the 109. they just don't have the power though (while still maintaining a hefty price tag).

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
it might be my eyes, but just what part reminds you of a 109??
that thing looks like a garden tractor full of after thoughts...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I actually rode a hammer before I got my 9, but after already having ridden a 9.. Gotta say, the engine and tranny on the Victory are smoother, but it handled poorly, its not as well balanced as the 9 its no where near as powerful and its still an air-cooled bike. Not to mention the fact that it was about 8 grand more than I paid for my 9.

American made used to mean quality and dependability.. Now it just seems to mean old, underpowered and over-priced.

Will stick with my 9 until I see something thats really eye-catching, but somehow I don't think it will be a Harley or a Victory. They look sharp but they just don't really grab my attention like they did when I was a teenager.

·
Registered
702 Posts
DaltonH said:

American made used to mean quality and dependability.. Now it just seems to mean old, underpowered and over-priced.

+1

and it's a D%$m shame.

·
Registered
765 Posts
godzuki said:
You can convert it from solo to 2 up in a matter of moments somewhat like the 109. It has a 250 tire on the back I believe which makes it similar to the 109. Everything else is pretty much different.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
godzuki said:
I thought the rear fender was the most simular to the 109 that I had seen....rear cowl and passenger seat. I just thought y'all might find it interesting if you hadn't seen it. I like the black pipes personally but I like the blacked-out look...my opinion only. I know Victory is overpriced, just like Harley. I push Suzuki's all the time....took a friend to buy one this weekend. :confused:

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
Wow, looks like Victory made the headlight that comes on the Jackpot now an option on the Hammer.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I rode both the Hammer and the Jackpot. The Hammer is the closer of the two to the 109R. It has similar styling and handling, but the power isn't quite as nice as the 109. The trannies definitely smoke ours in the the smoothness dept. and also the 6th gear is nice. Too pricey for a "bling" bike with less power. And the Jackpot handles like @ss. Looks nice but will not turn. Overall, the 109 doesn't quite have the "bling", but that isn't what I want. I like the low, husky, muscular style with the power to back it up, all for $5k less. Such a deal.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
slowpoke387 said:
 I rode both the Hammer and the Jackpot. The Hammer is the closer of the two to the 109R. It has similar styling and handling, but the power isn't quite as nice as the 109. The trannies definitely smoke ours in the the smoothness dept. and also the 6th gear is nice. Too pricey for a "bling" bike with less power. And the Jackpot handles like @ss. Looks nice but will not turn. Overall, the 109 doesn't quite have the "bling", but that isn't what I want. I like the low, husky, muscular style with the power to back it up, all for $5k less. Such a deal.
Closer to $7-8k less. A fully opted Hammer is about $20k. I was between the Hammer and the M in early 2006. Glad I waited for the M to come out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts