M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://forums.thevmc.com/megabbs/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=20864&posts=23&start=1

BTW: to read it, start from Bottom to Top. And the date is in May. If this is a repeat (SORRY).

This is how I found it, I did a search on Google on the M109R forum and this popped up first, had to look.

I like the Vega Jackpot and if I had the $$, I would be owning one today. It's a killer looking bike, but I personally didn't want to take on $400 + month payment.

I'm sure most, like any rider, are good people and like anyone else; they have their opinion and reasons. I'm not trying to start up and FLAME war or anything.

I have been following the M109R forum (wwwm109riders.com) cuz I think they are nice looking bikes. They have a thread about 1/4 mile times ect. I have seen the thread on fastest speeds but what is the 1/4 mile times seen by our riders on the Hammer or Jackpot? I'm in Iraq so can't take mine to the track. They also say that they run up to 150mph. Pretty breazy up at that speed! Just wondering. I have a stage 1 dragg kit on my bike. I do like the M109R but i'm loving the Hammer!
Clem

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
they're all very sad :(. I wish i had paid $18k for a bike with 88hp too! they're talking about bikes with "StageII" upgrades getting down into 12 second quarters(!?) and they're happy about it? So let's do the math $18k plus $2,000/$3000 in upgrades to be a second slower than an $11k bike. Buy the 109 and put $8k into it and Victory, Harley, nobody would even be able to touch it

·
Registered
752 Posts
These guys are harsh.

Saturday I went to the Victory dealer with my buddy. He drove a 2 stage jackpot, stock hammer and stock 8 ball.

We raced every bike (why did they let him drive them? :bigthumbsup: ) and I killed all of them. He said the jackpot would not go around corners because of the dissparity between the front and rear tires. At the end of the Victory dealership he told me that there is no way he would buy one over my bike.

He drives a $28,000 harley right now.

Then we went to the Kawasaki dealer ship and drove a 2000 and a Mean Streak. He tells me he likes the Kawasaki's way better than the Victories.

Now the Victories are beautiful and our seem in our tank is ridiculous but I like the looks of our bike. I wouldn't have purchased a standard cruiser.

Anyway my wife always says, "Just be nice, it doesn't cost anything"

Maybe she should talk to the Victory guys?

·
Registered
752 Posts
They are pretty hard on us. Sounds way meaner than Harley guys.

The guys at our Vic dealer really liked my bike.

G

·
I read the link, just for entertainment value. I did get a good laugh out of it...pure hilarity. Oh well, I for one enjoy the 109 immensly. Plastic parts or not, I'm not going to spend $30,000 on a bike as ugly as a Victory with upgrades, only to get spanked by a 109 that is stock and $18,000 cheaper.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I think I already eighed in on the Hammer vs 109.

The victory bikes are retro styled, and the 109s are forward styled, Performance and price aside.

The victory 100 also sounds more archaic than the 109 50degree twin.

The 109 performance experience can't be beat in brand new cruiser dollars right now, and it is better than the Victory.

In an even price comparison I would still choose the 109. Thank goodness they hit the market, I was weeks away from an 06 Hammer..... :)

oh yeah, I haven't read the victory post yet either.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel about it JR? :joke: :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
ConnRadd,
You should not have posted that dribble, it can only stir up BS, I have not seen a lot of brand loyal chest pounding on this site and I hope it stays that way, everyone has a right to their own opinon.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
the Vic dealership had a show last Saturday. I had hoped to make it over there to gauge the reactions, but it started looking like rain so i decided to leave her parked and work on my pipes (cut the baffles out, see tech page). I really wanted to go to their Great American Bike Show. I called ahead to make sure that all makes of bikes were welcome and they were very inviting. Not too many people have seen the 109 around here. i've never seen another in the 3.5 months I've had mine

·
Registered
326 Posts
I did not buy my bike to be a crowd pleaser or attention getter, I bought my bike because I like it and I could care less what someone else thinks about it.

I paid my cash for it and I ride it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BigBoreBiker said:
ConnRadd,
You should not have posted that dribble, it can only stir up BS, I have not seen a lot of brand loyal chest pounding on this site and I hope it stays that way, everyone has a right to their own opinon.
If you feel this thread is inappropriate, report to the moderator.

I posted in the beginning that I was not trying to start a flame war and everyone has their own opinion. Seems like everyone here are big boys and girls, if they want to pound their chest, that's their right. But telling someone that they should have not posted something that was clearly in the rules of the forum, is abit out of bounds. I'm sure you are a nice guy and I can see where you are coming from in regards to not having a bunch of people on here turn into the people on the Vic forum.

So, let's all get along and enjoy our rides. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
956 Posts
I looked at the Vic's, liked the look and the fat tire but by the time I priced one the way I wanted, it was 20K. Might as well buy a Harley. Fact is Harley has one of the best resale values and Victory cannot yet justify their prices. Both bikes are BS when it comes to price and Harley people are brain washed. I didn't buy my 109 because of price, it just made sense in everyway.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you love your bike like I love my 109, then I have no problem witch'ya. If you don't like me or my bike because of the mfg. of my bike then I don't have time for you. There are far more people out there that love this bike including HD riders, so I'm not worried about it. I was in the market for a VRod when this bike hit the streets. I was worried about riding a "fake" Harley but pulled the trigger anyway. I had exactly 9 miles on it when I got a crowd around it at a biker bar. Not a negative word was heard and I new I would be happy with the purchase.

See, I didn't even mention that we might have a performance edge...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Victories are great bikes IMO. There is only one thing I do not care for. That is the recessed tear drop shape on both sides of the tank and the badges. OK, so two things...

Other than that, I always enjoy seeing them. If I chose to own one, I am sure I would have been satisfied.

·
Registered
600 Posts
This is why I bought my "M" (take your eyes off of it.... go ahead and try...) :evil: I remember the first time I saw one. I was searching online and came across the review where the guy was riding one near Austin, TX with a couple of Suzuki reps and other bike critics. I had to have one and that was all there was to it :doorag:

·
Registered
10 Posts
New to the forum, just got my 9er Monday, I have owned HD's from 76 and up, I must admit, I have also pushed a lot of HD's. Went to a Kaw Vulcan 1600 back in the 90's, sorry I got rid of it so soon to go to a BIG DOG 107ci S&S, nothing but trouble. 5 starters later, walked into dealer on Monday (I had read reveiws) had one on showroom floor, drove it home. I respect anyone who talks their ride, but if you talk the talk, you had better be able to walk the walk.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:welcome:

Comparing your past bikes to the M, what is your opinion?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I looked at the Victory bikes as well as the Vrod. Problem I had was the price/performance. Now the Base price isn't that bad ( though still alot higher ) but when you get a base model Hd or VIC IMHO, and set it next to our bikes, it looks like one slipped off the assembly line that didn't get finished. Everyone I know, that has a HD or VIC that looks good, has had to dole out major cash on top of msrp to get it. Only thing I'd change is air cleaners, pipes and maybe some billet parts to replace chromed plastic. Other than that in the looks column I love it, even with all that said, and think it looks better than HD or VIC w/ add-ons

1 - 20 of 28 Posts