M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone getting any mid range excelleration vibration,when i excellerate from gear to gear i get some vibration for a second or two and then it smooths out.also on down shifting from second to first im getting a miss and an exhaust pop,is this normal.

thanks,don :super:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Thats just the engine saying "hello" or "Yeeeeeehaaaaa" ,nothing to lose sleep over, which you probably have, I know. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Same here. Just thinks it's that big engine complaining to let it breath! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok everybody thanks for the reply,i figured it was the big twin and the 240 on the back i just wanted to be sure. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I noticed the vibration between 3500/4000 but I'm usually going threw that RPM range and not riding in it ,so it's not to Bad, 3500 in fifth gear is 75 + mph, 4500 is around 100 and a little, so anything on the other side of 3500 I'm moving on :bigthumbsup: and watching for the man :D :cop:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I get the same thing in mid-gear shifting too and thought maybe I had a balancing issue with the engine. Now reading this thread I guess it's just too big a horse not to feel some rockin and rollin.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Mine is around 3600 rpm if I remember correctly... its been posted before.. Its a BUZZZZZZ around that rpm... like an old sportbike. at least on mine.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I attribute mine to the Cobra Drags and fuel processor along with the disssssssssplacement. I might have to get a second opine from someone somtime because it does get pretty rowdy around 90+, although I couldn't test it much last weekend do to the man appearing over about every damn hill and turn I took. I swear there are more Troopers in the Texas Hill Country than there are Troops in Iraq. :cus:  Yeah, us bikers we're quite the menace around these parts... :doorag:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
NASCAROUTLAW said:
anyone getting any mid range excelleration vibration,when i excellerate from gear to gear i get some vibration for a second or two and then it smooths out.also on down shifting from second to first im getting a miss and an exhaust pop,is this normal.

thanks,don :super:
keep the rpm up 3k or over when rolling on the throttle and it is smoother, it chugs a little below that and it won't pop a lot on decel if you don't blip the throttle just leave it shut off. throttle blipping even at idle over and over will get some popping going on, I think it's the pair valve cycling when your blipping constantly that does it worse.

·
Registered
17 Posts
On acceleration, hold your hand on the clucth lever and pull it in a small amount while accelerating just enough to take pressure off the clutch and not enough to make the clutch slip. My buddy had a clutch nut back off enough to make that vibration.. See your dealer to fix if your under warrenty..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts