M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you have this problem? Whenever I gun it in fith gear between 3000-4000 rpm, the whole bike shakes and vibrates. Is this normal? I would ask my dealer, but I do not trust their answers. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
nope, not normal at all. no clue as to what would cause it, though. i'm not mechanically inclined like many of the folks here.

·
Registered
849 Posts
It seems normal (in the fact that a lot of others report the same). Mine displays the same behavior. As this thing is a monster, particularly over 4 grand, I tend to drive it in that area most of the time and thus don't notice the vibration much. Price of gas being what it is, I may occasionally relax in a lower gear. However, in passing or other maneuvers where I want to get the road in a hurry, I tend to downshift through the vibe zone.
If anyone finds out this is a correctable issue, let the board know.
Jerbear

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think we all share this problem. The bike is geared so high in 5th gear, I think we are just luging the engine. I read somewhere that both 4th and 5th gears are below 1:1 with 5h gear being like .6:1 or so. That's why at 65mph in 5th gear we are barley getting into the power band on the engine. I do miss the smoothness of my meanstreak but what we get in return on this bike it's a good trade off.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
only bogging i notice is below 2 grand. i never notice vibration 3k-4k.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Only have 250 miles, so I'm stuck under the 3500 rpm rule.....Only a couples of plastic rattles that I've noticed so far. I've scraped the pegs already though! :evil: I'm still used to riding spotbikes. I've worn the tires to almost 1/2" to the edge on both sides, so the bike corners pretty good for a cruiser !!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i kinda ignored that 3500 rpm rule, i gotta admit :p

G

·
phaed said:
i kinda ignored that 3500 rpm rule, i gotta admit :p
I'm with you....I ignored it 2... :D
All I can say is ,,,my race motors,receive a 20 to 30 minute breakin,,,change oil and filter,,adjust vlaves,,check over...timing ,,etc...go to race track,,,full throttle 1/4 mile runs,,7700 rpm... Sbc

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bah - 3500 rule. The dealer told me it was recommended but that as long as I was varying the RPM range there would be no problems during the break in.

He did recommend that I run it up to the red line occasionally so that it wasn't constantly running at lower RPMs. I've been following that pointer. ;)

·
Registered
346 Posts
I had this problem on my way home from the dealer after about 35 miles. Once all the oil overfill stuff started to come out I noticed that my left side air cleaner housing and air filter were soaked with oil. Once I cleaned it all out, like many of us, the problem settled out. Whast I figured was that there was less air being pulled in through the left side, and the air that was being pulled in was oile soaked. Try checking the whole oil overfill problem and pull the plug ont he left side drain tube, i'll bet you get a flow of oil and dirt. Hope that works.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That vibration seems normal on mine, in fact it is pleasing according to my wife!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Article I read said Suzuki designed in the vibration for "Character". It's simply a balance/firing order thing. I think it was Motorcycle USAs website that had the comprehensive review.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
That vibration seems normal on mine, in fact it is pleasing according to my wife!
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts