M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted on a couple of other threads regarding the specific issue I'm having.

Some of the other threads are wandering off on over-fill issues, so I wanted to create a thread specific to this fuel leak. My dealer is absolutely no help without me trailering my bike in.

I let my 109 sit for about 35 days without starting it... (knee surgery).... started it up yesterday and it ran for about 3 minutes, then I smelled gas and saw the pool forming on the floor under left air breather. The bike died like it ran out of fuel. I know others have had the same issue... I'm looking for the shortcut to troubleshooting this. My bike is apart right now for a paintjob so I can't really test anything right now.

Thanks for any info and sorry for yet another fuel leak thread.

jwebb

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine is at the dealer now for this. It was coming from the left side behind the breather. My bike sat for about two weeks. When I started the bike it idled high like normal then dropped down and acted like it ran out of fuel. I started it 2-3 times and samething happened (I had to give it some gas to fire). Then I smelled gas and noticed a large puddle under the bike. When the dealer picked it up it leaked a small amount, not like before. They have it now. I will post when I find something out. Goodluck...Please keep us informed.

Flem

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mine looked like it was leaking from the tank. I found mine when I came home from Korea. It seemed to fix itself or I just jiggled it hard enough.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Its all good, that search button can be a pain sometimes. Its all about helping each other out :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Mine has done it twice...in small quantity on cold mornings....I've been watching it like a hawk and it hasn't done it in a few weeks.

It is most certainly is coming from behind the breather....there are 2 lines that run behind and down the breather...I noticed there was a moistness around one of the connections ( with the cheesy clamp) . I bet thats where it's coming from.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the same problem as stated in previous post. Mine only leaks after it sits for a few days. I am going to print out all of the relevant posts on this site and give to mechanic at dealer as a point of reference. Now that winter is here I'll let the warranty cover the issue along with my sporadic coolant leak. I'll let you know what I find out in the near future.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I thought it was that cheesy clamp at first as well. I noticed mine would leak from that o-ring mostly on cold mornings. I guess the rubber would shrink in the cold weather. Anyhow, I would bet it's that o-ring, but I haven't seen the bike. Just trying to help. Good luck. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Has anyone determined whats up with this yet ? ....Mine only does it when it real cold...I noticed .,,,it's certainly coming from behind left breather.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just to add to the list, so maybe suzuki will take notice.

I make sure to start my bike about every 30days as well, and run it a bit. Started mine last week after sitting for 30 days +/-, and it started leaking gas, noticable pool. Cleaned it up and restarted it again. Gas was flowing all down the left side from behind and/or the breather. It's with the dealship right now getting checked out as to the cause, and of course it's not leaking now. Same as some of the other posters. I directed the dealship to checkout this site. Once they give me a resolution I'll update this posting.

Tempwise it was 40+ degrees, and about 5 in the afternoon, so it wasn't like it was 11am and just turned 40+.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Look at post I placed on 12/27. It address specifically where the leak I has was occurring. There is a replacement part that the dealer can order. Mine hasnt leaked since. Good luck.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Found it and its at the dealer. The O ringes around each end of the fuel rail are leaking and need replaced. they talked to suzuki and S knew about it and are taking care of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts