M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody,
I have M109R2 / 2009 and I have just turned over 5k in fact 5200km.
What I found very amazing was tha this all week my bike is running as never before (somewhat after 5000km). Engine Sunds differently acceleration is fantastic, one would say as this is different bike. Moreover, it is all noticeable
without GIPRO being on. In addition I have much much vibrations now then last week.
I asked around some other guys and they told me that it was most likely
computer ignition setup with richer mixture before 5000km.
I do not know anything about that nor anyone told me similar things in my dealership.
I do not remember that anyone here posted any such experience.
So I am asking if anyone outthere can say if my ECU computer had that kind of blocking setup for first few thousand kilometers and then gets in to real blast / mode.

any suggestion

thanks

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
I seriously doubt the ECU records the mileage and makes any changes due to it. I notice mine runs better on cool evenings, and sometimes it's just the mood I'm in. They do run better as they get more miles on them, mine at over 19,000 miles runs better than it ever did.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you on cool evenings too. it is noticeable. Also, every time when I top up my tank the sound of engine afterwords is so smooth and even.
My surprise is (if there is any bike mood) that this mood is on all last week,
and bike is running at once so evenly and sounds less like a cruiser but more like a street bike. If I may say: no more "da da da da" but more like "zzzzzzzzzz"
I am closely watching its performance every next day, hopping it will stay this way.

cheers

I seriously doubt the ECU records the mileage and makes any changes due to it. I notice mine runs better on cool evenings, and sometimes it's just the mood I'm in. They do run better as they get more miles on them, mine at over 19,000 miles runs better than it ever did.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Always use 94 oct. No any additives.
In addition, I kind lost vibration too. It is still present
but much less then before.

Are you using 91 oct or better? No ethanol! I didn't notice one time and got 10% ethanol, I could tell the diff. Could hear those alum. heads being slapped more than normal. And a little change in performance.:doorag:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I"m up over 45,000 and its a different bike. Lots more bang and pick up. Can't wait to push some real cold air in her this coming winter.

I notice little changes as you get up in miles. Big difference over 30,000.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I kind of expected the ECU to do a better job of compensating for temperature.

It's clear though that this motorcycle (like airplanes, and dragsters etc) likes cool dense air.

It runs noticably better on cool days.

·
Registered
550 Posts
We are all spoiled with the water cooled engine. The old days with my Yamaha rd350, it was like night and day with the temp. It was so apparent early in the day it would run so damn good and as it got hotter, it would lose horse power. Just for mention, the harley v-rod is their only water cooled machine. All the rest are aair cooled. That's why they do the potato, potato, potato sound.:doorag:
RD350 Now that was one of my favorite bikes. I could smoke the KZ1000's up to 90 miles an hour and that would be on one wheel. very light and I would ride it like a mtocross bike. Old days were fun.

·
Registered
643 Posts
We are all spoiled with the water cooled engine. The old days with my Yamaha rd350, it was like night and day with the temp. It was so apparent early in the day it would run so damn good and as it got hotter, it would lose horse power. Just for mention, the harley v-rod is their only water cooled machine. All the rest are aair cooled. That's why they do the potato, potato, potato sound.:doorag:
The potato potato sound is due to Harley's having a single pin crank on their air cooled motors.

Check it out......
http://home.cogeco.ca/~rwbaxter/The V-Twin.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts