M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all !

Had a run in with the dealer the other day which between rounds he told me that the cover on the turn signal is common to fall off due to glue issues which mine had done. It is under warranty so don't let them make you pay for it ,if yours falls off as well. But for me, Heck I thought I kicked it off or something ? Well today I just got a new cover for the bike and just touched the top of the other turn signal cover and it falls the heck off. This is my first Bike and I love it, just completed MSF this weekend and already got 600mi on the Bike, BUT these issues with the Bike of over fill ,Stealer not cleaning air filter after, lines on underside of Clear cover over spedo which he said he would replace but has not, flaw on right side of take and last but not least the stealer scratching the heck out of my tank and then waxing it and saying that they don't see anything on my first service and then telling me that I should take my bike elsewhere for service and copped attitude with me. I just can't believe the service and attitude of these people, is this the service Suzuki gives. Question ! Do you know the point you reach just before you decide to do something with the rage inside of you, reached it and thank God I didn't cross it.

I bought the bike to enjoy and relax, not to add more stress to life. But I guess everything has a price.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had the same problems. Dealer scratched the tank while trying to wipe off the dust. Gotta' say it's probably due to Suzuki's ridiculously soft clearcoat. I too called about the oil over filling and was told they hadn't heard of that problem. I decided to change the oil myself and buff the tank myself too. I'd rather fix the small stuff myself than go back there. I will not even give them any 600 mile service $. I'll do it myself. Can't trust them. Haven't had any lenses fall off yet, but if that happens, I certainly won't go back to them and get the same piece of crap lens again. Rather buy an aftermarket light. As long as it stays running, I can sweat the little stuff, but I hear ya', you spend 11 or 12 grand and that's the treatment you get...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just found where they scratched the chrome under the key and they is a huge half moon swirl on the plastic piece to the right of the key. The bike was perfect when I took it in. I think I know what hey did, they use just any rag they had in there hand to wipe down they bike. I just detailed the bike before I took it to them and believe me I would have known if there was any scratches because I would have been mad as hell at myself. Filing a complaint with Suzuki tomorrow and see where that will lead. I guess it isn't small to me when I pay hard earned money for something and the professional &ucks it up.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I feel your frustration. I hope you get some sympathy from Suzuki. My break-in service went perfect and I thought $100 was reasonable after owning an H-D and paying $270 for the break-in service. I slipped the wrench a nice tip on the way out.

I have read a lot of horror stories here about Suzuki mechanical and customer service. I hope they keep their $h1t together, because I would like to own this bike for 6 or 7 years.

I don't have a lot of time to work on things. I want to spend the time riding.

Let us know how things work out.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
BearCom said:
I just found where they scratched the chrome under the key and they is a huge half moon swirl on the plastic piece to the right of the key.
I'm curious, but does anything dangle from your key while you're riding? If so, that could very well be the culprit.

·
Registered
721 Posts
BearCom said:
I just found where they scratched the chrome under the key and they is a huge half moon swirl on the plastic piece to the right of the key. The bike was perfect when I took it in. I think I know what hey did, they use just any rag they had in there hand to wipe down they bike. I just detailed the bike before I took it to them and believe me I would have known if there was any scratches because I would have been mad as hell at myself. Filing a complaint with Suzuki tomorrow and see where that will lead. I guess it isn't small to me when I pay hard earned money for something and the professional &ucks it up.
I have the same half moon.... It's from the rubber key fob the insurance guy gave me.
Verify before complaining about this one... I bet the same thing happened to you.
It seems the wind makes it flop around.... go figure LOL

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just check the angle of Jim's Motorcycle Johnson city,tn rubber piece they put on my keys and it fits the pattern.... If christ was not in my life I would got to the dealer tomorrow and beat the living hell out of the owner and his son until they stopped asking for mercy.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Go ahead and hand out a whoopin'. It may help the stealer find some religion. :joke:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
BearCom said:
I just check the angle of Jim's Motorcycle Johnson city,tn rubber piece they put on my keys and it fits the pattern.... If christ was not in my life I would got to the dealer tomorrow and beat the living hell out of the owner and his son until they stopped asking for mercy.
Well it's a good thing then. ;) Did you but the Silver one? I was there not to long ago, I live in Greeneville/Mosheim if you ever want to hookup for a ride give me a call. 423-422-7883

By the way the oil leaks and parts falling off are not a new thing to certain brands. :joke:

http://www.valkyrieriders.com/harley/home.htm

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought the Black one July 1st, Thanks that sounds good Lamonster I will , I defiantly want to see the mods you have done to your 9. You know I guess it is the first Bike thing of wanting to have it as perfect as you can and was doing a good job until they got a hold of it. Waiting to call suzuki since they are on pacific time. I am thinking hard about just get the whole bike air brush with flames or something. On a good note though my father is coming in from Va Beach he just got a 1600 nomad and we are going to go hit the Smokys for a couple days.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Why don't we start a new board on this forum and list the name, address etc. of these crappy dealers and steer business to the few good ones. The dealer I bought mine from is a small mom and pop shop that has been in business for only a few years and they are very concerned about making sure their customers are very satisfied.

G

·
Jay109 said:
Why don't we start a new board on this forum and list the name, address etc. of these crappy dealers and steer business to the few good ones. The dealer I bought mine from is a small mom and pop shop that has been in business for only a few years and they are very concerned about making sure their customers are very satisfied.
hmmm actually thats not a bad idea... maybe a "Where to go" and "where not to go" list

I know that although I had the overfill issue, I still recommend Midsouth Motorsports in Clarksville, TN

·
Registered
532 Posts
The minute I realized that the dealer had overfilled my oil I made the decision not to take my bike back there for service. The dealer I took it to is owned by the same people as the one I bought from, but it's the older store with the more experienced mechanics. And the service guy that wrote up my ticket told me that he had just gone to school for this bike.

Unfortunately for some of you guys, you maybe don't have a large choice of dealers close by you. But, if you can find another dealer, make sure you kindly but firmly let them know what kind of service you expect before you ever let them touch your bike. If they care at all about customer service and realize how important it is to you they will do whatever they can to make you happy.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Talked to Suzuki and they said it is pretty much between me and dealer, they can make suggestions to them but can't make them do anything. Scratches on my front fender ask well :yikes: Will the plastic painted pieces airbrush well and stand up to the elements ??? Forgot to tell you guys this, he did say he would swap out a tank with another Black 9 when he got one in, don't know if I believe him or not. But Suzuki say 06's are finished and only 07's will be shipped you need a smiley face that turns red starts smoking and explodes, be fitting for the moment.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Still upset that my 3 month old bike is really a year old already. Geez. We need a "Venting Only" area. But I still wouldn't return it, I still love the bike, I just hate the gremlins.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
slowpoke387 said:
Still upset that my 3 month old bike is really a year old already. Geez.
That would mean my 3 week old one is a year old too :p............................doesn't really bother me much, I wanted silver and couldn't get one in an '07, so I'm happy I found one without have to going for a used one :D

But I can see your side of it too though :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts