M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like a number/most of you fellow 109ers bought a brand new model bike from Suzuki. In addition, this bike was a late intro.

Why did Suzuki call this a 2006 and then come out 3 months later and have a 2007 model???? In 3 months, my 109 is 1 model year old. Now this would not bother me if the 109 had been out all year, available and I just decided to buy late into the model year.

I believe this model should have been introduced as a 2007 model by Suzuki. The car manufacturers do this all time.

I vented this to Suzuki customer service today by calling 714-572-1490 & giving them a piece of my mind on this issue. At least this issue is documented by one owner! :doorag:

·
Registered
379 Posts
I had those same thoughts but it would only bother me if I went to trade today and the dealer pointed out that I have last years model and it won't be worth as much a I think it should be. :swear:

·
Registered
450 Posts
First thing i bought knew, plan on keeping it for a long time. You have a good argument though, Good Job!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm just pissed that if i waited a few months I could have gotten the pearl white...oh well, black is faster anyway. :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought my 109 in March knowing the 07 would be out sometime in the summer. If I would have wanted a 07 I would have waited. I guess its the price you pay for being the first. No regrets here. :joke:

Ed

·
Registered
256 Posts
...i see your point......

..as time passes, that one year difference will make less and less difference, i think......i just ride n enjoy....................iiitttt     :)

..but if i was gonna buy a 5 year old bike...whether it's 4 or 6 years old, would'nt really matter to me that much, if it was what i wanted....

tc

·
Registered
568 Posts
I understand your argument, and it is a valid one. Why did they have to bring the 2007 model out so soon ?? I am one of those Burple riders, and when I found out that the 2007 ones were coming out sooner, I acted fast to get the 2006 because of the Burple, knowing I could of waited another month for the 2007, but no Burple then.
I have owned this beauty for 2 weeks now and have absolutely no regrets !!

·
Registered
243 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
had a guy say why did I buy a jap pos yesterday(I've known him forever) then he proceded to show me his 1959 panhead and brag how old it was........he said "it's dam near 57 years old, wouldn't you just love to ride something this old" I said NO, my aunts that old too, but I wouldn't ride her either.
He then proceded to really go and look at my bike and proclaim "dam Harley better get to work these jap bikes are gonna eat their lunch". :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
:a20: :a18:

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm glad they came out with a 2007, my silver is now a collector's item ;) I could sell it for MORE if I wanted, as they don't make silver anymore...

I'm not selling though, that bike is with me till she keels over and calls it quits, LOL

:)

·
Registered
387 Posts
How soon we forget......If you purchased prior to the deadline you recieved a very nice leather jacket and don't forget that really inexpensive spanner wrench. Now that was worth getting what "a color that your stuck with for life"!! Just kidding but I am looking up how much my 2006 one year old bike is worth.....JOHN

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do love my 2006 109 and do not regret my purchase. On the other hand, I may have waited for the 2007 model, who knows. I have the fastest color (Black) anyway so that was not an issue with either year. :doorag:

·
Registered
696 Posts
i found this thread during my "search" function... i was lookin for Zuki CS Ph#... anyway the 06-07 doesn't bother me.. i bought what i wanted... got the fastest color ...(SILVER) and it only was avail in 06... that makes it just fine with me....BTW... didn't i see another thread where i guy bought a 05 Rune (still new i think).. hey guys.. let's ride...mjm

·
Registered
386 Posts
I knew about the 2007s coming out in July when I bought mine. Patience isn't one of my virtues 'cause I had to have it Here/Now. I went to look at the White and Red 2007s they have in the dealership now and even though I missed the cutoff date for the jacket and had to buy one, I am glad I managed to get 4000 great miles of riding in. Snow will start to fly here soon, in fact we had a dusting last week, so I would have been buying it and then looking at it instead of riding it!!

It does suck however that they didn't come out with them all together with a release of the 2006 colors first and then add the White and Red and give us a little more residual, but I am locked in on a 5 yr finance so I won't be selling anytime soon!

Might have to add a hayabusa sometime in the next couple of years now I have caught the bug though!

·
Registered
443 Posts
BigBen said:
I'm glad they came out with a 2007, my silver is now a collector's item ;) I could sell it for MORE if I wanted, as they don't make silver anymore...

I'm not selling though, that bike is with me till she keels over and calls it quits, LOL

:)
Hate to burst your bubble, but you will never sell it for more than you bought it for . Color doesn't make any difference. :dontknow: :joke: :yikes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts