M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I had to get a new tire on the motorcycle this week and I ask for the price of what it was going to cost me. I was told the tire $144 and mount and balance was another $20. $164 plus tax hmmmm GOOD DEAL!! When I went to pick it up today and the bill was $201.22!!!!! Naturally I ask for break down. It was the ti...re $151 the valve stem and wheels weights $6 and the labor was $30.
I ask why there was a different cost now than last week when I dropped off the wheel. I was told that the extra cost was for a larger tire (which they knew the tire size when I got the quote)
and was also told that was, the cost of the tire. (he did apologize for HIS mistake) but it still...TICKS me off ...I know it is only $16 but it looks like I probably won't go back to the "CYCLE CLINIC" on Hickman

just my $0.02

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
When I ordered my chrome rims from the dealer, they gave me the wrong price. They told me 800. Come to find out the true cost was 1200 because of the rim sizes. I found this out prior to them doing the work. We met in the middle (which I thought was fair)...they only charged me 1000 for the rims. That is one of the reasons I still go to Montgomeryville Cycle Center.

·
Registered
913 Posts
$201.22 for a new tire on your bike! Must be nice. A tire for bike, just the rubber, no mounting or installing is $270!!

I wouldnt buy anything but neccessary OEM parts from a dealer.

Motorcycle-superstore.com will match any price!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
OK so I had to get a new tire on the motorcycle this week and I ask for the price of what it was going to cost me. I was told the tire $144 and mount and balance was another $20. $164 plus tax hmmmm GOOD DEAL!! When I went to pick it up today and the bill was $201.22!!!!! Naturally I ask for break down. It was the ti...re $151 the valve stem and wheels weights $6 and the labor was $30.
I ask why there was a different cost now than last week when I dropped off the wheel. I was told that the extra cost was for a larger tire (which they knew the tire size when I got the quote)
and was also told that was, the cost of the tire. (he did apologize for HIS mistake) but it still...TICKS me off ...I know it is only $16 but it looks like I probably won't go back to the "CYCLE CLINIC" on Hickman

just my $0.02
You could go back late one night and burn the place down:bigthumbsup:
VERY therapeutic:bigthumbsup:
I know!! Sad but true.
Dyna Beads FTMFW:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Total bill for Dyna beads, new valve stems, tire mounting, and a 250/40/18 elite 3 was $179. I did have a hell of time squeezing that tire between the swing arm and the hub, ended up deflating the tire and it went in that way. I always check around town for prices but almost always end up buying online.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts