M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. So the Hard Krome Velocity Pro Black Race Shorty exhaust and the Power Commander V are in my shopping cart with Meancycles! 馃槂 No... I have not pulled the trigger on this yet... One last confitmation before I hit the Purchase button... Can someone please give me an idea of the sound boost by percentage in relation to the stock exhaust?
Thank you.

Registered
Hi guys. So the Hard Krome Velocity Pro Black Race Shorty exhaust and the Power Commander V are in my shopping cart with Meancycles! 馃槂 No... I have not pulled the trigger on this yet... One last confitmation before I hit the Purchase button... Can someone please give me an idea of the sound boost by percentage in relation to the stock exhaust?
Thank you.
Its much louder than stock, but very mild at idle and only really gets loud when you give it a fist full. Its got a good deep rumble and barks at wot. I could pull some DB reading for you if you want to pull some on the oem ones and compare. Lots of free DB meter apps. Let me know.

Registered
Thank you.
You are about to make one of the best decisions you could ever make, regarding your M109R Doug...with regard to pulling the trigger on a Hard Krome VPR Short Race exhaust. However, I highly recommend avoiding the wasteful expense of the Power Commander V, or any other Fuel Management Device. Instead, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you get a FULL ECU FLASH performed by BCS aka Bering_C_Sparky, who is also a great member of this Forum. The combination of the exhaust you want and his FULL ECU FLASH, is far greater than any output/performance you will ever gain from any Fuel Management Device. I'm talking from experience here, as I have three M109R bikes currently, and one of them already has the BCS FULLY FLASHED ECU, in combination with a Hard Krome Shorty SideBurner exhaust. I can tell you from experience, the performance of that bike went to a whole new level, with the addition of the BCS FULL ECU FLASH, and I will be getting the other two done, as soon as BCS is back on land...which will likely be in a couple of months or so.

As for providing you a sound boost by percentage, I am not able to provide that. However, what I can provide you with is a real life experience regarding the Hard Krome VPR Short Race exhaust, because I have two of them currently...one on my 08' model 9, and one on my 14' model 9. Both have a very nice, even, deep, throaty growl/rumble at idle, and an expounded deep, deep roar at the blip of the throttle, and even more so, as the throttle is continually twisted. It is one of the best sounding exhausts I have ever heard on the M109R, which is why I elected to put one on two of my 9s. Simply put, there's absolutely NO COMPARISON between a Stock OEM M109R exhaust, and a Hard Krome VPR Short Race exhaust. They are light years away from one another. The minute you install the VPR Short Race exhaust on your 9, clean off of the finger prints and oils from your hands, and crank your bike up, you will instantaneously know that you made the best decision you have ever made, regarding your 9...and you'll soon find yourself often times outside, in your garage, starting your bike up, just to stand or sit there listening to just how dawg-gone AWESOME your bike not only sounds, but also looks with your new VPR Short Race exhaust. I'm so confident in what I'm saying to you, that I'm willing to go out on a limb and confess/commit to buying the exhaust from you, if you are no absolutely in love with it, after you have installed it on your bike!!! :)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y):)

Registered
You are about to make one of the best decisions you could ever make, regarding your M109R Doug...with regard to pulling the trigger on a Hard Krome VPR Short Race exhaust. However, I highly recommend avoiding the wasteful expense of the Power Commander V, or any other Fuel Management Device. Instead, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you get a FULL ECU FLASH performed by BCS aka Bering_C_Sparky, who is also a great member of this Forum. The combination of the exhaust you want and his FULL ECU FLASH, is far greater than any output/performance you will ever gain from any Fuel Management Device. I'm talking from experience here, as I have three M109R bikes currently, and one of them already has the BCS FULLY FLASHED ECU, in combination with a Hard Krome Shorty SideBurner exhaust. I can tell you from experience, the performance of that bike went to a whole new level, with the addition of the BCS FULL ECU FLASH, and I will be getting the other two done, as soon as BCS is back on land...which will likely be in a couple of months or so.

As for providing you a sound boost by percentage, I am not able to provide that. However, what I can provide you with is a real life experience regarding the Hard Krome VPR Short Race exhaust, because I have two of them currently...one on my 08' model 9, and one on my 14' model 9. Both have a very nice, even, deep, throaty growl/rumble at idle, and an expounded deep, deep roar at the blip of the throttle, and even more so, as the throttle is continually twisted. It is one of the best sounding exhausts I have ever heard on the M109R, which is why I elected to put one on two of my 9s. Simply put, there's absolutely NO COMPARSON between a Stock OEM M109R exhaust, and a Hard Krome VPR Short Race exhaust. They are light years away from one another. The minute you install the VPR Short Race exhaust on your 9, clean off of the finger prints and oils from your hands, and crank your bike up, you will instantaneously know that you made the best decision you have ever made. regarding your 9...and you'll soon find yourself often times outside, in your garage, starting your bike up, just to stand or sit there listening to just how dawg-gone AWESOME your bike not only sounds, but also looks with your new VPR Short Race exhaust. I'm so confident in what I'm saying to you, that I'm willing to go out on a limb and confess/commit to buying the exhaust from you, if you are no absolutely in love with it, after you have installed it on your bike!!! :)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y):)

i second that. i went with the freedom performance 2into1 turnout setup. and had BCS flash my ecu. that's the way to go for sure.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could pull some DB reading for you if you want to pull some on the oem ones and compare. Lots of free DB meter apps. Let me know.
Thanks Mrtallguy67! I'd be up for trying that, but it might be somewhat inacurate depending on placement of the phone. I think I am going to go for it. I appreciate your willingness to help.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I highly recommend avoiding the wasteful expense of the Power Commander V, or any other Fuel Management Device. Instead, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you get a FULL ECU FLASH performed by BCS. I'm so confident in what I'm saying to you, that I'm willing to go out on a limb and confess/commit to buying the exhaust from you, if you are no absolutely in love with it, after you have installed it on your bike!!! :)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y):)
Thanks JUDAH-9! I was really leaning toward the Full ECU Flash, but have a concern. With the Powercommander, or multiple other maps, I have the liberty of changing maps as I alter /make mods to my bike via computer. From what I can see, I have nothing to fall back on and I'd be more restricted with BCS.
Thanks. I appreciate your input, expertise, and enthusiasm. 馃槉

Registered
Thanks JUDAH-9! I was really leaning toward the Full ECU Flash, but have a concern. With the Powercommander, or multiple other maps, I have the liberty of changing maps as I alter /make mods to my bike via computer. From what I can see, I have nothing to fall back on and I'd be more restricted with BCS.
I understand your intent and concern Doug. However, I would like to share my experiences with you. It is my understanding, and experience that there's no map and Fuel Manager combo that can/will surpass the abilities and performance enhancements provided by BCS's FULL ECU FLASH. His newest FULL ECU FLASH expertly tweaks the maps to such a degree that can't be matched by the use of computer and any Fuel Management Device combination. He has his own Dyno Machine, which he has integrated into his process of enhancing his FULL ECU FLASH, and he never stops trying to find news ways/methods of improving his already AMAZING FULL ECU FLASH. His FULL ECU FLASH is particularly programmed based on the exhaust and air intakes you have on your 9, to get the most performance out of your bike, based on your aftermarket performance components. I recently removed a Cobra Power Pro Fuel Tuner, and replaced it with BCS's Newest FULL ECU FLASH, and I was totally caught off guard by how my bike had been transformed with the installation of the FULLY FLASHED ECU. It felt like my bike had been given a huge dose of Steroids. It was not the same bike it had been, before I installed the FULLY FLASHED ECU. It was insane, and I had to adjust to the newly-released BEAST, over the subsequent days and weeks!!! :)(y)

Registered
The PC only lets you adjust fueling , a flash does fueling , ignition timing , reconfigures the secondary throttle plates , lowers cooling fan setpoint and a few other things. Downloading maps for your set up for a PC is just as generic , unless you have it mapped every time you make a change on a dyno. If you couldn't jet a carburetor , you couldn't map a PC yourself.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can tell you from experience, the performance of that bike went to a whole new level, with the addition of the BCS FULL ECU FLASH, and I will be getting the other two done, as soon as BCS is back on land...which will likely be in a couple of months or so.
Wow! I don't know that I want to wait 2 months. Am I able to install the pipes and intakes and run it that way until then? Also... I have a friend who's had a lot of mods done on his Harley, and a mechanic, who recommends keeping my 02 sensors and drilling the new exhaust to accomidate the servo. It seems that I have observed it being commonly eliminated on this forum. ?

Registered
2009 / VZR1800
Wow! I don't know that I want to wait 2 months. Am I able to install the pipes and intakes and run it that way until then? Also... I have a friend who's had a lot of mods done on his Harley, and a mechanic, who recommends keeping my 02 sensors and drilling the new exhaust to accomidate the servo. It seems that I have observed it being commonly eliminated on this forum. ?
North american M109R do not come with O2 sensors.

Registered
the USA M109r doesnt use 02 sensors. i used the Revo ESE they sell on meancycles.com. it works as advertised. i know Healtech makes on too. i completely eliminated my servo. lost a little low end just runnin open pipes..until i had the ecu flashed. now my bike is a rocket.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's done! The pipes have been ordered! I also ordered the Baron Custom XXX Air Cleaner Assembly and the servo eliminator. I am planning on going with the full flash of the ECU. I'm just hoping that I am not having to look at the pipe and intakes for too long while awaiting the ECU. 馃槒 Thank you guys for your help! 馃憤

Registered
It's done! The pipes have been ordered! I also ordered the Baron Custom XXX Air Cleaner Assembly and the servo eliminator. I am planning on going with the full flash of the ECU. I'm just hoping that I am not having to look at the pipe and intakes for too long while awaiting the ECU. 馃槒 Thank you guys for your help! 馃憤
Congrats! You should cancel the servo buddy as that can now be turned off with the ECU flash. Sparky is lighting fast. You will probably have the ECU back before your pipe and intakes ship lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats! You should cancel the servo buddy as that can now be turned off with the ECU flash. Sparky is lighting fast. You will probably have the ECU back before your pipe and intakes ship lol.
Thanks man! I actually didn't order the servo yet. I shouldn't have said that. I was still deciding between 2 different ones. Glad I waited. Glad you told me too. The reason I mentioned hoping that I wouldn't have to wait too long for the ECU was in relation to the news according to Judah-9 that Sparky is overseas and not back for a couple of months.

Registered
Thanks man! I actually didn't order the servo yet. I shouldn't have said that. I was still deciding between 2 different ones. Glad I waited. Glad you told me too. The reason I mentioned hoping that I wouldn't have to wait too long for the ECU was in relation to the news according to Judah-9 that Sparky is overseas and not back for a couple of months.
Glad I could help! He might be out to sea, but he must have help to do the work. I know they turned my ECU back the day they received it and I know he was on the boat. Be sure to specify that you want a full flash with the servo eliminator fault removed. I'm not sure if that's a default now and removed from full flashes, so any additional communication is always beneficial for both parties.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WOW!!! Got the stock pipes off on Sunday, the VPR's on yesterday, and the Fully Flashed ECU Tune back and installed last night. I had to at least fire it up to hear it at idle in the garage. Didn't want to tick the neighbors off right off the bat. Couldn't wait to get home from work this evening to get the bike out. TO ALL OF YOU WHO CONVINCED ME TO TAKE THIS ROUTE..... THANK YOU! JUDAH-9, you for one, Mrtallguy67 another. Definately the right choice all around. From the pipes to the tune. It was hastle free and straightforward with the full flash eliminating the servo via tune. All I had to do was remove the servo with the stock pipes and tape off the connectors. I absolutely love the growl of theae pipes. I also like the diversity in the audio level and intensity of the pipe. It is capable of giving you as much or as little attitude as you want. Now ot's not only the looks of the 9 turning heads, it's growl definately calls for more attention! 馃憤馃憤馃槂

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shoutbout to BCS Performance and Controls LLC. Charles (Sparky) was more than helpful, accomidating all of my questions. Turned ECU around same day. Had it back in hand in 5 days via priority USPS!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts