M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, anyone know where to look (competitive pricing) for RB Velocity Pros?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys...I see that Roadoverstock has them for $599.00 on ebay!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
try e-bay. roadoverstock is a seller that had a few sets a couple of weeks ago.:bigthumbsup:
Has anyone here ever bought from Roadoverstock?

Was looking at his feedback and it's pretty good but there were some complaints about damaged product and the seller not responding...

Would like to order a set and have them sent to Vegas when I'm there for the meet. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Has anyone here ever bought from Roadoverstock?

Was looking at his feedback and it's pretty good but there were some complaints about damaged product and the seller not responding...

Would like to order a set and have them sent to Vegas when I'm there for the meet. :bigthumbsup:
I got mine from them and had no problems but that was late last year. I haven't heard anything negative until now.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Never mind, Bike bandit and Mean Cycles both carry the HK VP and $599 IS a good deal!!
also, I know there's not much difference but for a cheaper price you are getting the "actual" road burner and there cant be too many of them left. the only difference I know of is the brand stamp at the end of the pipe. the HK is plain with no stamp. otherwise, they are the same as far as i know.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
i like this exhaust and as we all know computers do no justice for sound so i wanted opinions on the sound i am looking to purchase these as well.

sorry for the thread jack.....:dontknow:

·
Registered
415 Posts
also, I know there's not much difference but for a cheaper price you are getting the "actual" road burner and there cant be too many of them left. the only difference I know of is the brand stamp at the end of the pipe. the HK is plain with no stamp. otherwise, they are the same as far as i know.:bigthumbsup:
They are identical. RB was simply a different brand for a different distributor. DG made/makes them both in the same factory, same jigs, just different end cap. From my experience they are a good performing pipe.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I spun my tips around to hide the "roadburner" logo anyhow. Looks better without it....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, just ordered a set to replace ones scratched up in a wreck. 599 is the best price I have seen in a while.
Do you by chance have install instructions for the RB Velocity Pro with pics? I am a visual learner...any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Do you by chance have install instructions for the RB Velocity Pro with pics? I am a visual learner...any help is appreciated!
Sorry, no.
But it's simple really...no insult intended.
Remove old pipes and set aside.
Get a new set of crushed gaskets for motor connection.
Clean motor gasket surface with fine sand paper.
Lay out all parts on a blanket next to the bike.
Put the pipe clamps on the front of the two muffler section front tips.
Mount the muffler bracket to the bike, loosely.
Slide muffler on the two header pipes and loosely clamp. Be careful as the clamps can easily get in the way and need to be moved so they don't hit the shields and keep the pipes from seating al the way.
Set in place, loosely secure to motor, make sure all fits then tighten all parts well.
Run pipes for about 100 miles and re tighten all parts and you should be good to go.

Hope I didn't leave anything out, but it looks like I didn't. You should like the pipes. The sound and perform great!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry, no.
But it's simple really...no insult intended.
Remove old pipes and set aside.
Get a new set of crushed gaskets for motor connection.
Clean motor gasket surface with fine sand paper.
Lay out all parts on a blanket next to the bike.
Put the pipe clamps on the front of the two muffler section front tips.
Mount the muffler bracket to the bike, loosely.
Slide muffler on the two header pipes and loosely clamp. Be careful as the clamps can easily get in the way and need to be moved so they don't hit the shields and keep the pipes from seating al the way.
Set in place, loosely secure to motor, make sure all fits then tighten all parts well.
Run pipes for about 100 miles and re tighten all parts and you should be good to go.

Hope I didn't leave anything out, but it looks like I didn't. You should like the pipes. The sound and perform great!
Thanks GMan!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts