M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and one of my buddies are planning a road trip down to Las Vegas and we were wondering if someone could give us some direction to certain routes that would be nice to travel (do not want to drive on the freeways the whole trip), mind you that we are leaving for 10 days so 8 total for travelling.

Also if anyone would like to join us for the road trip your more than welcome. For the moment we are looking at early July late August but it is still to be determined:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Me and one of my buddies are planning a road trip down to Las Vegas and we were wondering if someone could give us some direction to certain routes that would be nice to travel (do not want to drive on the freeways the whole trip), mind you that we are leaving for 10 days so 8 total for travelling.

Also if anyone would like to join us for the road trip your more than welcome. For the moment we are looking at early July late August but it is still to be determined:bigthumbsup:
Well the 2011 International Meet will be happening in Sept in either Vegas or Reno (looking more and more like Reno) which a lot of us will be traveling down for so if your trip can wait till then you should join us :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the 2011 International Meet will be happening in Sept in either Vegas or Reno (looking more and more like Reno) which a lot of us will be traveling down for so if your trip can wait till then you should join us :bigthumbsup:
Where can I get more info on this 2011 International meet,and yeah if we wait until then it would be great to join all of you. How many would there be and are you all from Canada.:2cool:

·
xxx
210 Posts

That's over 8,000 km without any side trips. A lot of saddle time each day if you're doing it in only 8 days of riding. When you hit Colorado, make sure that you ride the Million Dollar Highway. That will take you to the south end and you can go through Utah and either see Bryce Canyon in one direction and Zion National Park in the other.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's over 8,000 km without any side trips. A lot of saddle time each day if you're doing it in only 8 days of riding. When you hit Colorado, make sure that you ride the Million Dollar Highway. That will take you to the south end and you can go through Utah and either see Bryce Canyon in one direction and Zion National Park in the other.
Thanks for the info. Yeah going to be a long road trip but can't wait till the snow melts and can start riding again. Also maybe looking at going to the Internetional Meet 2011 but can't seem to find any info, can you help me on this one:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Thanks for the info. Yeah going to be a long road trip but can't wait till the snow melts and can start riding again. Also maybe looking at going to the Internetional Meet 2011 but can't seem to find any info, can you help me on this one:dontknow:
The info isn't set in stone yet as we are still trying to nail down a hotel that will work with us on a few things.
Fire Fighter is heading up the plans but keep your eye on this thread

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136684

Also keep you eye on the Canada Forum, info WILL be posted there when the details are solid. For sure it will happen in Sept and either Vegas or Reno as mentioned. This past Sept had guy's from CAN, US and AUS there and I think there was about 50 members or so some with buddies or spouses... pretty good turn out for the FIRST annual... 2011 will no doubt bring out a lot more people... here are some pics from the event...

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134844

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
As far as I'm aware the date is set. September 16-18 2011.

Most likely Reno but Las Vegas is still a possibility.

see you there :evil:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts