M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put your idea's here.

I think a ride from about 12.00pm on the Saturday, 18th til about 4pm so we can get ready for the night ahead.

Inc the welcome to Vegas sign, and a cruise down the strip.

I think the Hoover Dam is a good idea, but until you get to the dam the scenary is a bit boring.

maybe the Vegas lads can help here.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
The ride out to the dam is short so it's really not that boring and I am sure we all will be grinning seeing all the cagers & other bikers checking out our group!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Well, my wife is going down with us and said she wants to ride while we are in vegas.... she has NEVER been on a bike :yikes: She got interested when the rides out of Vegas was suggested. I too would like to see the Dam-Grand Canyon.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I'm down for anything,, Just want to know when the list of events is being posted!!! Dont want to miss anything... Or a suggested event schedule... It's early, I know.. Just throughing out the Idea of a Schedule/event list.

Heck you can hand it to me at the front door I dont care....

Did I say I dont want to miss a thing...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't do rides on both days.

I have just found a bike to rent, so I will work towards a Sat ride.

Rick

·
Registered
404 Posts
Heres a place I visited 10 years ago while in vegas for an Tool Expo. I'ts where my buddy got married. Quite scenic with a small visitors center and i'ts real close to town, but not much more than that.

Okie9er

Red Rock Canyon
- Just 15 miles outside of town to the west is Red Rock Canyon. A large patch of native, brilliant red sandstone makes this a unique, natural sightseeing spot. You often see desert wildlife including burros, wild horses and bighorn sheep wandering amidst the washes, Joshua Trees and numerous small canyons once inhabited by ancient Indian tribes. Often used as backdrops for magazine ads, "Red Rock" (as it's affectionately referred to by locals) provides a number of nice picnic spots, places for rock climbing, 4-wheel driving, hiking and spectacular views along the 8 mile scenic loop which is readily accessible by car or bicycle. A four wheel drive, ATV or hardy hiking shoes are recommended for some of the more isolated dirt trails. Tours are available at the visitor's center at the main entrance. Stop at the visitor's center BEFORE you head into the park "loop", as once you get into the park, it's one-way traffic ONLY for 12 miles. Adm: $5/carload/day or $20/annual. (702) 363-1921.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Perhaps ?

Just killin time lookin arround but heres another place thats looks kool and you pass several other neet places on the way includeing the Damn Dam lol.
Just a thought
Okie9er
http://www.chlorideaz.com/map.html

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
Hey guys,
Just a thought, I went to Las Vegas in Oct09 by way of the damn and the traffic was horrible. Its a two lane road the whole way through there. It took our group of 30 bikes over an hour just to get through there and we were just passing through on our way to Las Vegas. Not sure if the road conditions have improved but I would check the road status. Unless your just killing time, if so I would add atleast an hour to your ride if you go that way. Maybe someone from the area will help out. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hey guys,
Just a thought, I went to Las Vegas in Oct09 by way of the damn and the traffic was horrible. Its a two lane road the whole way through there. It took our group of 30 bikes over an hour just to get through there and we were just passing through on our way to Las Vegas. Not sure if the road conditions have improved but I would check the road status. Unless your just killing time, if so I would add atleast an hour to your ride if you go that way. Maybe someone from the area will help out. Hope it helps.
Like I had said in the Internation meet thread, I was in Vegas LAST weekend and the traffic is no better :mad:. We were going to the GC via Hoover Dam and we were in traffic for at least an hour. Not sure when the constuction is supposed to be done there but that will make ALL the difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts