M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well date and city have been announced. Sept 16-18th. what are peoples plans this year? How many people are going from this area?

It isn't to early to plan this, it comes very quickly.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well date and city have been announced. Sept 16-18th. what are peoples plans this year? How many people are going from this area?

It isn't to early to plan this, it comes very quickly.
Are you planning on trailering the bikes down like you did last year?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you planning on trailering the bikes down like you did last year?
Dunno yet I know my wife has to take the car because we are taking the kids. Dave or Doberman is the owner of the trailer and have not talked to him yet. I am not saying my truck wont be going but am not sure yet. My truck was ran hard on the way down and back and not to sure if it would be happy to do that run again. I would like to see how many want to go and figure out weight and fuel cost and things like that. Total weight last time with 6 bikes was 20,000lbs and got an adverage of 10mpg. with about 750 dollars in fuel. food for thought

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Dunno yet I know my wife has to take the car because we are taking the kids. Dave or Doberman is the owner of the trailer and have not talked to him yet. I am not saying my truck wont be going but am not sure yet. My truck was ran hard on the way down and back and not to sure if it would be happy to do that run again. I would like to see how many want to go and figure out weight and fuel cost and things like that. Total weight last time with 6 bikes was 20,000lbs and got an adverage of 10mpg. with about 750 dollars in fuel. food for thought
That is a heavy trailer Dave has. Mine is a single axle and should be able to haul 4, 16'X8'. Open though........I had many things, tools compressors etc. on it, and hauled my Chevy Corsica on it. I'm sure it could handle 4 9's........

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Any chance of you stopping by Yosemite on the way there Colin?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hey Collin. Since you and I both have CDL's maybe we should look at the possibility of renting, borrowing or making a deal with somebody with a tractor and trailer. We could haul down 10 or more bikes if we had enough interest. I also own a 14' ex- Ryder truck. I'm certain we could fit 3 maybe 4 bikes in that. It's road ready. I just rebuilt all the suspension and brakes. It has a 3' wide aluminum ramp for loading too. It runs like a top. It is gas powered. This is an option since I feel more people from the NW will want to go this year.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Well, I think we have the toy haulers covered LOL, Very nice guys............The truck and trailer idea would be way cool, just get one of those tractors with the huge RV built in, TV VC, wet bar, .......Sleeps 6 , you know the nice ones LOL

Something like this one would do........

or maybe this one.

Love the music, LOL

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well, I think we have the toy haulers covered LOL, Very nice guys............The truck and trailer idea would be way cool, just get one of those tractors with the huge RV built in, TV VC, wet bar, .......Sleeps 6 , you know the nice ones LOL

Something like this one would do........

Hook us up bro!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well insurance might be a killer when it comes to a big rig... Commercial rigs need a minnimum of 1million dollars in coverage per rig. Plus it is hard for joe shmoe to rent a rig unless you know someone. Not shooting the idea down--- its a good one- just more things to check into.

·
Registered
800 Posts
It's funny you talk about big rigs like the on in the picture, A girl on my Softball teams Dad drives that exact same! one different paint though, I'll check with him to see what he might be able to do for us, we would deffinately need 12+++ I'm guessing to make it even affordable his time and fuel there and back, Not cheep... He's a long haul driver for a moving company... I'll check!!!

Buy the way we had 6 Bikes in my 27 ft V-Nose and I wouldn't do that again! It's the tires and weight you have to consider... For those who plan on Hauling get the biggest and heavest tire possible + a spare or 2. We did and used 1...

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I'm thinking if we can't get a few trailors to haul the bikes down this year, we may have to ride there. I have drove there and back from yakima. It took me about 18 hours each way..so on a bike, 2 long days each way!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts