M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Oscar at V&H today and put a little pressure on him to pass the word along that a bunch of us are holding out for some V&H pipes. He said that they have just borrowed a bike for testing and that something should be available around Xmas time. He was tight lipped about exactly which pipes were going to be made. He said that they don't tell him until it is actually produced. So I told him that there is a demand for their pipes. I just hope it isn't that fugly Pro pipe. I know the HP gain would be the most with that pipe, but I wouldn't buy a pipe strictly based on the HP figures alone. Their Longshots are sweet looking and the Powershots are nice too. Hopefully these pipes will get produced. I'm sure the power would still be enough with anything they put out.
Also, he asked me if I could find anyone in CA near their location with any of the smaller BLVD cruisers that wouldn't mind lending it to them for testing to produce some pipes for those. In return they would get the first pipes for their model for free. He's looking for pretty much all of the '06-'07 Suzuki C-series cruisers. I figured I'd pass that along. Maybe someone in CA could use a free set of V&H pipes and also have the first ones made.
So that's the update on V&H for today.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Cool, & just in time for Christmas!

"Dear Santa . . . "

·
Registered
172 Posts
I talked to the folks at V&H and recieved and email from they saying that they would be coming out with a 2-1 pipe for the 109.

·
Registered
665 Posts
The more I run my Cobra Dragsters,the more I like them. I'm sure something better will come out,but how much better, will have to be seen. :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ron - I have the Dragtsers and like them as well... they are a bit loud, neighbors aren't to happy :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
936 Posts
the only thing that would take the place of the cobra slashdowns for me, would be the big radius. and as far as power goes the slashdowns i think will make just as much as any pipe they would make.

·
Registered
665 Posts
mac-m109r,I reversed the baffles on mine.(They did look like they were in backwards,and also wrapped some thin fiberglass around the baffles. It took the sharp sound out of them. They are still loud,but a little more mellow sounding now. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
heh, i love this. we addressed V&H when this bike came out, and they said they weren't interested. I guess between us beating them up, and them seeing that the bike was not going to be a flop convinced them otherwise. Either way, I'm very glad to see them do this as I love their stuff.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ron - How can you tell they were in backwards? I thought the baffle only went in one way due to where the hole is drilled to screw the baffle into the pipe? Now I'm gona have to take mine out and look. Did it sound better once you reversed them?

·
Registered
665 Posts
The notches in the baffles were facing to the rear,so I reversed them,by drilling a hole in the other end. Just used a 1/4 20 nut on the inside to keep them in. When you pull them out,you will see what I'm talking about. It's a ten minute job,and you can change it back if you want too! Yes they do sound better. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
As long as the pipe makes power and is not too loud they can count me in.

·
Registered
243 Posts
mac-m109r said:
Ron - I have the Dragtsers and like them as well... they are a bit loud, neighbors aren't to happy :bigthumbsup:
Yup, the dragsters are not the best "Dale Carnegie tool" to influence the Neighbors..  :)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
well i have use V/H on most of my bike and i like them i hope it is either the big shots or something new that still has the sound but also the performance but that is just me

1 - 20 of 26 Posts