M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ! put 200 miles on mine today , beautiful twisting southern Ohio roads . I noticed that my valve train was appearing to get a little louder. Haven't heard another 109r run , is mine the only one or is it a 109r thing ?

·
Registered
543 Posts
I had a V65 16valve job and you could hear them.Adjustment was .005,if you wanted to here no noise you would have to set them 2to 3 thousands.It is for the slop in the cam.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
well, the design on this one has the chain basically sliding along that whole arc on one side of the engine. probably going to remain noisy.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Chain driven DOHC... it's gonna be a little noisy. In fact, I'd say of you DON'T hear them you should worry, as that means they're probably too tight...

G

·
Yep, Noisy here too. After putting Synthetic oil in at the first change it quieted down a little but it's still pretty noisy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's not a 109 thing, it's a SUZUKI thing. My 2000 vz800 makes the exact same sounds. Don't worry, the 800 has almost 70,000 miles on it now and has never missed a beat. In fact , my wife has been chasing me around on it as I break in the 109.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yes, it's noisy.

·
Registered
192 Posts
High Performance engines = noisy valvetrains in most cases. Most hyper sportbikes sound like that, and keep in mind you don't have fairings to insulate the noise. You should hear my Buell XB-12 and ZX-10R, sounds like they're coming apart half the time

1 - 14 of 14 Posts