M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey this a head up on wheel mods. My buddy and me were cruising down I-40 today both riding 109r, he had put some chrome covers and caps on his valve stems to dress them up,{looked good by the way } till at 80 when i was behind him and seen something silver go flying off the bike and the brakes came on. The cover and cap and stem were all gone and the back tire was flat as could be. luck for us we where all alone for a good stretch on the highway and he just came to a rolling stop. So just think about safety first before you run out and change something on your bike.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I know someone that had one of those lighted valve caps and it cracked (3/4 the way around) the valve stem on the front wheel :eek: his bike , took 200 miles to do it.

G

·
Those Tire Flys that alot of guts put on are absolute junk. I would not suggest anyone put them on. Plus with the batteries being loaded at the top of them I would think they would altar the weight/balance of the tire (maybe?).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.