M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Valve stem ? For chromed rims

You guys running chromed stock rims, what are you using for valve stems? Links and or pics would be great.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
go to auto zone and get the cover alot cheaper. it is a sleve that slides over the stock stem with a chrome cap. boom done in thirty seconds.

Dave

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don't want the rubber stems, they dry rot over time. I found out the hard way:edit:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,850 Posts
I can find the size if you need it, but I got mine off ebay. You can buy the exact same metal stem at almost any auto parts store though. It's a standard size stem but I don't recall the exact size of it. I use the regular straight ones but some use the 90 degree angle stems to make checking the pressure on the front easier.

Edit: Found the stems. It's not the same seller but several sell them. And they have a sleeve that lets them fit either .435 or .625 holes. I bought the two pack of them for less than $5.00.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ewitem=&sspagename=WDVW&category=33747&ih=014

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I have a second set of these that I bought for my Sabre. Since it looks like they take the same size, I think I'll use those.:bigthumbsup: Just wasn't sure if the Suzi rims took a different size.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
I can not find the rear one but here is a pic of the front. Give me a shout before you do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts