M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was showing the new 109 to a friend who mentioned that it sounded a little "ticky". I noticed it when I bought it too. My sales guy said it was going to be kind of loose sounding, but that was normal so be prepared. Just wondering if this is something they adjust at the 600 mile service. If not, then I can do the rest myself and save a few $'s.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
thanks lawdog, it took me a while to find that out but I did about a week ago. was asking the dealership before I bought the bike and they swore up and down it was hydraulic adjusters but I said not on a bike this powerful that revs that high and they said all the other cruisers Suzuki make are. I will prolly not let these jokers touch my bike. I prefer to do it myself but usually let the dealership do the first service for warrantee purposes. it must be shim under bucket since the inspect interval is so far out there but it can be a bitch to do, at least there are only 8! the cams have to come out on this setup to get to the shims. My 99' ZRX 1100 i still have has shim under rockers that allow you to push the spring loaded rocker out of the way to get to the shim, fairly easy once you have the tank, valve cover and one rad hose off. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
oops! sorry i was thinkin' about my  old mans m90. we adjused his last weekend.  i wasn't too sure about m109. atleast its 14,500.

·
Registered
817 Posts
steve j said:
they said all the other cruisers Suzuki make are.
Damn, some of these dealers are totally clueless. None of the 800s have self-adjusting either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts