M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the valve clerance is a little off, can this cause a studder/misfire between 2000 and 2800 rpm while cruising? I have 16000 miles on a 2006 m109 with air cleaner mod, wide open stock exhaust, timeing advance and cobra 2000 fuel processor. I also changed the battery but it will not go away.
One other thing I did was to do the brown wire mod for the fi light because I removed the exhaust control valve actuator. Can there be a problem that will not set off the fi light because I did this mod?:-\

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
If the valve clerance is a little off, can this cause a studder/misfire between 2000 and 2800 rpm while cruising? I have 16000 miles on a 2006 m109 with air cleaner mod, wide open stock exhaust, timeing advance and cobra 2000 fuel processor. I also changed the battery but it will not go away.
One other thing I did was to do the brown wire mod for the fi light because I removed the exhaust control valve actuator. Can there be a problem that will not set off the fi light because I did this mod?:-\
It could, but I lean towards the TRE. Try removing it and see if the stumble goes away. It could also very well be the FI2000 needs adjusted.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,146 Posts
Pulling the wire off the ECU only disables the light from the SET, anything else will still activate the FI light.

I lean towards either plugs or the TRE. Or you need to bump the first pot on your Cobra unit up a little more.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Here's a long shot.....check your fuel strainer in the tank attached to the fuel pump and change it if it is black. You could also try some sea foam fuel injection cleaner which you add to the fuel. I know, if it were fuel then it would happen at different times, but stranger things have happened.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts