M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I need to know this, it may not be a deal breaker on buying the bike but here goes. what type valve actuation does the M109R have? I assume shim under bucket due to it's lively nature but I have yet to see it in print or hear about it. I currently have 3 bikes, an ol 73' Z1 Kawasaki, a 99' ZRX 1100 (130hp to the rear wheel & 80 ft lbs), and an 03' VT 1100 honda sabre. I think I will trade the sabre in for the M109R but since I do most my own work just need to know the valve actuation. the 73' bike has shims over bucket, the 99' has shim under rocker, and the 03' is hands off hydraulic lifters but it only redlines at 6500 rpm. I may do this deal this coming week. already read up on the wheelie wire mod! thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
whats funny is I have never seen it in print anywhere about valve actuation and the dealers at least a couple were clueless, one kept saying it had to be hydraulic lifters because all their other cruisers had em'. well I bought the bad boy in black Tuesday 06/06/06! and in the owners manual it says to inspect the valves at 14,500 miles. I guess it would have to be shim type adjusters because you don't get much out of inspecting hydraulic lifters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts