M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what I should expect to get out of my 06 m109r?It has under 900 miles on it.I have installed a tre-3,tank bra and debaffled stock pipes.It is black as well.I have talk to a couple of people about selling it and they ask me how much.I don't want to say too high,but don't want to screw myself either.I know here in lafayette,in they are selling them for msrp and can't keep them in stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Depends on what you owe or do you owe.. If you own it i would say somewhere in the ballpark of around 10,000-10,500. :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
crazytank7 said:
Depends on what you owe or do you owe.. If you own it i would say somewhere in the ballpark of around 10,000-10,500. :bigthumbsup:
Um, no... I don't think what you owe on a bike - or car - determines what you can get out of it. Mileage, location (geographically), demand, etc. will determine the value.

Given that new are selling for 11,500-12,500... I would say 10,000-10,500 would be reasonable for a used one with 900. Unless it's something like pipes, bore job or similar, most mods aren't going to add much to the value.

No offense, but I can't stand people who want X dollars for a vehicle "because that is what I owe on it"Â ::)

J
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
I agree with above poster..never ask for what you owe on it...what if you owed $5,000 bucks on it ? would you take that? heck no !

I would ask 10,900 for it...especially if you had the warranty that is transferrable...I think theres a 50 buck charge for transferring it. By asking 10,900
it'll give you a couple of hundred bucks wiggle room...for those that like to negotiate.

Go to your states DMV "online" and print off a bill of sale and fill in the blanks to make it legit....only accept cash or cashiers check...not a personal check and
have buyer make the cashiers check payable to you...DON"T accept a 3rd party check from no one....

And make sure the buyer has the check made to the exact amount...NO REBATES !

I Sell BMW"s we go thru this daily...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,501 Posts
rastus said:
I was just wondering what I should expect to get out of my 06 m109r?It has under 900 miles on it.I have installed a tre-3,tank bra and debaffled stock pipes.It is black as well.I have talk to a couple of people about selling it and they ask me how much.I don't want to say too high,but don't want to screw myself either.I know here in lafayette,in they are selling them for msrp and can't keep them in stock.
I would ask $11K for it and negotiate down from there.

Ummm, why are you selling it so quick? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a very bad habit of getting bored with things very easily.That and I work 3rd shift and the wife works 2nd.I work then I go home to sleep.Wife wakes me up when she goes to work so I can watch the kids.She gets home,I go to work half hour later.I work 7 days a week mandatory,but I get one weekend off a month.When my weekend comes around I usually spend it with the family and the bike just sits there.I ride it to work,but that's only like 1 1/2 miles away.Just cant justify the payment and garage space.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,501 Posts
rastus said:
I have a very bad habit of getting bored with things very easily.That and I work 3rd shift and the wife works 2nd.I work then I go home to sleep.Wife wakes me up when she goes to work so I can watch the kids.She gets home,I go to work half hour later.I work 7 days a week mandatory,but I get one weekend off a month.When my weekend comes around I usually spend it with the family and the bike just sits there.I ride it to work,but that's only like 1 1/2 miles away.Just cant justify the payment and garage space.
Ummmm, OK, so you bought it in the first place because.........................??? :joke:
Just kidding man, I'm just as bad. Bought a Vulcan 2000, put only 500 miles on it in a year, sold it and bought the M109R. This bike gets a lot more use. I just didn't like the Kawi, too big and heavy and never really felt overly confident on it. I've also bought 5 cars in the last year too. Can't decide what I want. :redfaced:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
898 Posts
wow i have a nice together now of people who buy numerous bikes and cars and sell shortly there after... kinda like i have done in the past... but some of you guys are making me look mellow  :joke: i have'nt sold a less than a year old bike in 2 years now  :D

hello, my name is khrome and I am a bike addict....(the group greets khrome)  ;)

khrome
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top