M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning 9'ers,

Just got back yesterday from spending a few days in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. Great town....seafood was great!!! :D

My wife and I drove down from Ohio last Sunday. We drove mainly through PA into Maryland and finally to Delaware. While on the way I saw nothing but HD's....oh you are gonna love this...on the way to it rained quite a bit and I saw many a HD bike hiding under overpasses. It was raining but not that hard....I guess these so-called hard riders are really and I am really trying to be PC here....they were just plain pussies!!!

The one thing that really pissed me off as at one point we came across 3 HD Riders riding 3 abreast on the freeway and holding up traffic. I give my fellow riders plenty of space when I am driving my car, but this was the 1st time I got pissed! These guys all had a lane and they were intentionally holding cars up...I thought that was just plain wrong. They are lucky it was Sunday and people were being restrained. That could have easily gotten ugly.

Rehoboth Beach was a great time and for people in my neck of the woods it is about a 447 mile ride, but I think it is well worth the trip! Have a great weekend and remember always be safe and ENJOY THE RIDE!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
488 Posts
In the short thime that I have been riding, I too have noticed that HD riders are generally too proud of their bikes and have an attitude of " I am better than thee". I am glad you had a great time with the wife, I recently purchased a Gel Seat for her from VinnieB. Looking forward to her going on some decent rides with me to finish out the summer.

·
Registered
960 Posts
The one thing that really pissed me off as at one point we came across 3 HD Riders riding 3 abreast on the freeway and holding up traffic. I give my fellow riders plenty of space when I am driving my car, but this was the 1st time I got pissed! These guys all had a lane and they were intentionally holding cars up...I thought that was just plain wrong. They are lucky it was Sunday and people were being restrained. That could have easily gotten ugly.

:bigthumbsup:
Funny you mention this, I just had this happen to me too. I-69, three lanes wide and all three were taken up by 5 bikes running side-by-side. I came up on my 9 in the hammer lane, blew my Stebel (which made them physically jump), and then blew through when they cleared the left lane. In case you're wondering, they were Wild Hawgs type riders, not patched guys. :'( I'm not stupid....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts