M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few photos of me on my M109R at Deal's Gap. The group I was with stayed in Maggie Valley, NC and the trip to the Gap was nice! I liked it so much after I went on Thursday, I went back on Friday! haha As long as you stay within your limits, that can be one heck of a ride. I personally saw two bikes in a ditch while there and I sooooo did not want to be one of those guys. I really wouldn't like to see the 109 in a ditch either! Later!

















 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,624 Posts
That's cool.. I grew up going to Maggie Valley all the time to fish.

I went to Snowshoe over the weekend driving my Harley F150 supercharged (not on the bike, too wet). The trip was pretty uneventful until I got off I-64 onto Highway 219 North. This is gonna be on fun road to ride on the bike next month heading up to Freedom Fest.

90 minutes of non-stop twisties..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Delmustator said:
That's cool.. I grew up going to Maggie Valley all the time to fish.

I went to Snowshoe over the weekend driving my Harley F150 supercharged (not on the bike, too wet). The trip was pretty uneventful until I got off I-64 onto Highway 219 North. This is gonna be on fun road to ride on the bike next month heading up to Freedom Fest.

90 minutes of non-stop twisties..
That does sound like fun!! Maggie Valley was located in the perfect spot. The Creekside Lodge there was very cozy. Just take a right hand turn and you are headed to the Parkway and Cherokee. Great roads!

I don't mean anything by it, but do you ever catch any crap that you have Harley trucks, but don't ride them? haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just ran across these two pics. Looks like they were running together. Check out the backrest! ;)



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joshua_109 said:
Very Sweet! Looks like lots of fun. Wish we had somewhere like that to ride here in flat straight Iowa!!
Yeah...nothing like riding in the mountains!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
Twin00 said:
Boy, you sure are shooting a risky line on those left handers, considering it's a public road. I know you want to give yourself room for error, but it would suck to become someone's hood ornament... Stay safe. Nice pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,624 Posts
Twin00 said:
I don't mean anything by it, but do you ever catch any crap that you have Harley trucks, but don't ride them? haha
Not really... The Harley trucks are well received by all. I've been very happy with them.

I often get asked "Where's your hog?" I tell them it's back at the house in the frig. I plan to fry some up in the morning. LOL

I'm the first to say that I've never liked Harley bikes. I've ridden several different models and just wasn't impressed at all. It's just my personal preference. And of course the sticker shock that goes with them doesn't help any. The closest I will ever come to a Harley bike is if I build a custom bike. I'd rather have a totally custom bike with a M109R engine/tranny in it. Just for cruzin purposes... :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Medic1210 said:
Boy, you sure are shooting a risky line on those left handers, considering it's a public road. I know you want to give yourself room for error, but it would suck to become someone's hood ornament... Stay safe. Nice pics.
I will agree with you....I was interested in seeing the pictures that they took for that same reason. On that turn in particular though, there is a gravel "lot" that people pull off of the road onto. Those are the corners that I stayed on the inside of the lane of. The road was kept clean very well, but if there was going to be debris/gravel on turns, it would be there.....hence the inside line. The very scary part was when tractor trailers made the trip up and down the Dragon. Luckily, I didn't have the pleasure!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Delmustator said:
Not really... The Harley trucks are well received by all. I've been very happy with them.

I often get asked "Where's your hog?" I tell them it's back at the house in the frig. I plan to fry some up in the morning. LOL

I'm the first to say that I've never liked Harley bikes. I've ridden several different models and just wasn't impressed at all. It's just my personal preference. And of course the sticker shock that goes with them doesn't help any. The closest I will ever come to a Harley bike is if I build a custom bike. I'd rather have a totally custom bike with a M109R engine/tranny in it. Just for cruzin purposes... :bigthumbsup:
I see....that makes perfect sense to me! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
898 Posts
Twin00 said:
I just ran across these two pics. Looks like they were running together. Check out the backrest! ;)



anyone have a clue where that backrest came from ???

khrome
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Most likely...Austrailia. It looks like the one that Aussie has on his 109 and the guy that made his has made a couple for a few stateside members on this site. Just a guess though. Later.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top