M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: I dont know about any1 else that has got a V-stream windshield for their m90 but I just got 1 4 mine and after reading all the posts on how to make it work I give up!
I have tried everything that has been said!!!
Yes it gets the wind off your chest which is great but the wind that moves over my helmet starts to make me sick after about 10mins of highway riding due to the vibration that is caused and it makes my vision a bit blury.
If any1 has any ideas on what they did to sort it out and the best fix for it, please let me know.
I got the tour version, I'm about 5'9 and cant sink any lower in my seat to get relieve.:'(

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Two questions...First, can you post up a photo of how your have it installed? And secondly, full face or half helmet?

If you're 5'8" and have the Tour model, you shouldn't be having those problems.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had to bend the silver brackets a lot to get it to work. I bent the lowere brackets in so the the windshield was sticking up high. The front where the point is actually rubs the headlight housing so I put a small rubber friction pad under it so I wouldn't scratch the housing. I had to adjust it many times until I got it right. I am 6'4" and it works great now. Of course it is not going to block all the wind like a police cruiser shield but is does a decent job and looks great on the 9. Try adjusting the silver brackets. You may want to use vise grips after you have them mounted on the bike. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I had to bend the silver brackets a lot to get it to work. I bent the lowere brackets in so the the windshield was sticking up high. The front where the point is actually rubs the headlight housing so I put a small rubber friction pad under it so I wouldn't scratch the housing. I had to adjust it many times until I got it right. I am 6'4" and it works great now. Of course it is not going to block all the wind like a police cruiser shield but is does a decent job and looks great on the 9. Try adjusting the silver brackets. You may want to use vise grips after you have them mounted on the bike. Hope this helps!
:agree:

·
Registered
3 Posts
v stream windshield

i too tried the "fix" as suggested by others, but could not get it to work out.
i did however post a thread awhile back on how i solved this problem for myself.
i used somethig called a 14" universal laminar lip, which you add to the top of your shield and deflects the air above you.
worked out great for me.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I know full well this isn't helpful in any way. But I still wanna say, its a piece of junk. Shoot it or take it back........then shoot it.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
:mad: I dont know about any1 else that has got a V-stream windshield for their m90 but I just got 1 4 mine and after reading all the posts on how to make it work I give up!
Yes it gets the wind off your chest which is great but the wind that moves over my helmet starts to make me sick after about 10mins of highway riding due to the vibration that is caused and it makes my vision a bit blury.
If any1 has any ideas on what they did to sort it out and the best fix for it, please let me know.
I got the tour version, I'm about 5'9 and cant sink any lower in my seat to get relieve.:'(
Contact ZOOM, he help me with the fitting and I get no wind at all now.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Don't give up on your VStream...some guys get it installed right the first time out and for others, like me, it takes a few readjustments. While the Vario screen extension would probably help, it takes away from the look of the VStream which is why most of us purchased them in the first place.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm in the same boat as Smillie77.

I use a full face shoei multi tech helmet and also wear glasses. The wind vibrations from the top of the screen move my head so much that my eyes get blurry.

I've tried numerous times to adjust the screen but cant seem to get rid of this issue. I love the screen and the protection but the vibration isn't great.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
This is no help to the OP either, but...sometimes this windshield just doesn't work for you. I had it on for a 30- 40 mile ride and took it off the next morning. I sold it for half price and unfortunetly, the next fellow didn't like it either. Now, we're both 6' and taller. From past posts, most people under 6' have had good success, so this is a bit puzzling. Therefore, I stick to my first sentance. The vibrations from stem to stern were so bad for me that I could hardly hear this engine at 40mph...that's pretty bad.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had all sorts of trouble too, and had it as high as I could get it and still the same head vibration.

I tried one more thing, by mounting it as low and as flat as it can go, this worked.

It still kept the air off my chest, but brought the buffeting to shoulder level with my helmet in clean air.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Love my vstream tour.have no problems with it at all...and I'm 6foot tall. You just need to realize its a sport windshield its not going to cut all the wind..

sent from wind out of my ass

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Love my vstream tour.have no problems with it at all...and I'm 6foot tall. You just need to realize its a sport windshield its not going to cut all the wind..

No vibration through the bike az? I don't hear much about bike vibrations, so wonder what happened with mine? Not only did I get the helmet, but the any woman would have gotten off after a mile or so! It threw the whole bike off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had one on for around six months and tried to mount it higher which only made my helmet vibrate more. The best thing you can do, is mount it lower, so your helmet is well above the air stream, which will cut down on the vibration. Although in the end I took mine off and went with the rifle shield, looks rotten and I look through the screen but gives a great ride, no more buffeting. Bye the way I am only 5'5".
Regards Bob.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hey mate I am the same height as you and I put 1" thick foam all the way across / under the bottom of the windshield ,between the windshield and the light nacelle,I actually glued the foam,which is dark grey in color, on the inside bottom of the windshield first then installed as usual, all good for me :)

Sent from the bowels of awesomness

·
Registered
491 Posts
Love my vstream tour...I'm 6 foot and works great.. its not designed to block all The wind..

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Love my vstream tour...I'm 6 foot and works great.. its not designed to block all The wind..

Yeah if ya wanted to block all the wind why ride :)

Sent from the bowels of awesomness

1 - 20 of 31 Posts