M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined the board and am not about to start bashing the M109, I am a V-Rod owner and have started looking at the M109 lately. Just wanted to say hi and if there are any M109 riders in Jacksonville FL and would like to compare bikes, let me know. I would be willing to met you and we could even try each others bikes out, once I get to know you and am sure you can ride of course. I don't condone street racing, but if a track is available, a friendly race would also be welcomed, I understand the bikes are fairly equal in power and the looks are similar as well.

Does the Suzuki dealerships let you test drive the M109?

Mike in Jax FL

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm in Mass and when I asked to test one before buying they almost laughed right in my face. I practically had to beg them to put a battery and some fuel in one just so I could hear how one sounds. They acted like I was being unreasonable. GEEZ. They finally did and so now I have a new black 109R. I only bought it from them because they had 3 available and no one else was getting any for another month. Like I said, I'm in TAXACHUSSETTS so a ride to Florida won't work for me but good luck. I hope you get a chance to try one out. If you do, let us know your comparison results. I haven't ridden a Rod yet so I'm a little curious too.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Unless you are a frequent customer of a shop ... prolly not gonna wanna give rides out to just anyone being the bike is first year run and lots of them moving... I went to my local dealer and the noob salesman asked what I was interested in and I told him a silver one... He replied ahh we have one of those with the cobra pipes already on it... He said I could go *look* at it... The owner of the shop walked by and asked what I was up to... I told him and he said ...There's one out back with pipes on go ride it and see how you like it  :D Needless to say...The bike did'nt spend another night at that bad ol' shop  ;) So to answer your question it is possible just not very probable... They have broke me over....err I mean I have bought a lot of bikes from them.....

khrome

·
Registered
107 Posts
Some shops will let you ride. Unfortunately since the m109 is moving out of dealers pretty well its difficult to test them. A friend of mine was able to test the m109 at Atlantic Cycle in MD. I tried to get a test at Pete's Cycle but it was not an option. They did however let me ride a Triumph Rocket III , and the New Yamaha Road liner.

As for the V-rod, I was able to ride my buddies for a few days. Its a nice bike but my Buell feels like it has more holeshot power. Of course thats just my perception and I did not ride his bike hard. (Don't want to have to pay for any damages.) When we ride together I am always on him about how slow he is comming out of a turn.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I drove 70 miles to a dealership to test drive one. Turned out it was the only one they had ( demo model ) Didn't like it at first, guess i was used to a 4-cyl. Woke up the next day and bought one at my local dealer. I'm sure alot of people bought one without riding it.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thank God, my local dealer lets me ride whatever I want. They are pretty cool about test rides. Because of this, they get people driving in from hundreds of miles all over the Midwest. They seem to have figured out that the very slight risk they take from doing this is more than made up for by the volume of additional sales it brings.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
It's all about who you know. If you know someone at the dealership you are much more likely to get to ride one, duh I know. But if they have one that they'll let you ride, get there quick before it sells! My buddy works at a suzuki dealership and told me I could come ride one, but before I got there it sold and they didn't have anymore in. So I had to go buy somewhere else and without test driving, I mean riding. (car salesman) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
toneout said:
Where's J R? He's in Jax. He'll find this post eventually. RACE, RACE, RACE!
Holly S*&t, I had to be living in the city with the guy riding wheelies on an M109, I don't know it would pull the wheel up. The V-rod will not come up, at least not stock. I will have to PM JR and see if we can cruise.

Mike

G

·
mikeinjax said:
Holly S*&t, I had to be living in the city with the guy riding wheelies on an M109, I don't know it would pull the wheel up. The V-rod will not come up, at least not stock. I will have to PM JR and see if we can cruise.

Mike
That is too funny. Good for you. I would like to hear the outcome of this.

·
Registered
849 Posts
JR
Please leave the posts up as they really are indicative of what the 109 can do in the right hands! I'm proud to be associated with you even if only by owning the same great machine. The kind of people who feel it necessary to criticize and attack everything are just insignificant twerps most of the time who are looking for some attention on the cheap because they can't earn it honestly.
Jer

1 - 20 of 34 Posts