M109 Rider Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you're beating him, that's exactly what I'm saying. That video was from 2007, I think... The muscle was not available. That V-rod was the 100th anniversary model... Look closer...

I have raced V-Rods. I have won, I have lost. But ALL where within a bike length. Power to weight ratio is physics. Plain and simple, if you beat him, he doesn't know how to race... PERIOD. :bigthumbsup:

Also, the rider on the V-Rod needs to go on a diet mod, or he may have won. He had the hole shot, and a better mph (looks like JUtah ran 105 mph, but it may be 109 mph... not sure).
Nah.. my friend knows how to ride... when we swap saddles the 90 still wins... it is very close but the 90 always seems to be out front. Maybe the 09 base model is lacking do to the addition of the muscle, screaming eagle, or anniversary addition, or maybe the v-rod needs more room to pull away (only racing while riding together and hitting 100-110). What ever the reason...who knows.

I am not here to argue and if every other v-rod can beat the 90... well... i traded in my GSXR 750 and if i really want to be "the fast kid on the block" i would just go back to the 750 or a 1000.. the comparison really isn't even worth talking about. The 09 base model (thats the cheapest version for those that aren't sure) is comparable to the 90 and not the 109. Been there and done that.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
That 123 HP is at 9k, so unless you are hitting the redline you won't get everything out of the VROD. Those are the numbers for 09. The price tag is also $14,900. Not sure how those numbers would line up against the 90 and not the 109....

Anyways, Ananga is asking for input and that's what we are all giving him. You have a story about you and your buddy. Most of the rest of us are basing it off of raw numbers and our experiences running against base model VRODs.

·
Registered
381 Posts
That 123 HP is at 9k, so unless you are hitting the redline you won't get everything out of the VROD. Those are the numbers for 09. The price tag is also $14,900. Not sure how those numbers would line up against the 90 and not the 109....

Anyways, Ananga is asking for input and that's what we are all giving him. You have a story about you and your buddy. Most of the rest of us are basing it off of raw numbers and our experiences running against base model VRODs.
Wow, if i could have found a v-rod for 14,900 i would own one now instead of the m90. All the new base model v-rods in northern NY and all surounding areas are running around 16,900 and the screaming eagle/ muscle's are closer to 19,900. I spent alot of time looking at them, i also enjoy riding the v-rod... kinda feels a bit skinny though after being spread out on the 9 and 90. Either way.. i am sure you guys are right.. my buddy prob just got a v-rod that is running 1 cylinder short.. i will mention it to him and have him bring it in to get checked out. If all models including base are physically running and out running the 9 then there might actually be something wrong with his.

·
Registered
352 Posts
BTSTM90 rides with a v-rod iirc (if i recall correctly) and he smokes him, maybe he can chime in..

a screaming eagle or destroyer.. not so much =x
I had the opportunity to go riding with a V-rod and a Night-rod at the same time, the v-rod was no problem for the 90, but I had a hard time catching up with the Night-rod.
Here a picture of that day.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i don't know who is the fastest but i do know which is better looking and BTSTM your 90 wins that race.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
685 Posts
ok, I didn't read all the posts but here is my 2 cents.
It depends on if we are talking about the old 1130cc v-rods or the
1250cc v-rods. BIG difference

·
Registered
352 Posts
ok, I didn't read all the posts but here is my 2 cents.
It depends on if we are talking about the old 1130cc v-rods or the
1250cc v-rods. BIG difference
It was the 1130cc

21 - 29 of 29 Posts