M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The M90 is my first bike and I admit I'm not the most knowledgeable on drag racing however from looking at the numbers, it appears to me the stock M90 might smoke the stock V-Rod over the 1/4 mile

Is this an accurate estimation?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
The M90 is my first bike and I admit I'm not the most knowledgeable on drag racing however from looking at the numbers, it appears to me the stock M90 might smoke the stock V-Rod over the 1/4 mile

Thanks
BTSTM90 rides with a v-rod iirc (if i recall correctly) and he smokes him, maybe he can chime in..

a screaming eagle or destroyer.. not so much =x

·
Registered
877 Posts
BTSTM90 rides with a v-rod iirc (if i recall correctly) and he smokes him, maybe he can chime in..

a screaming eagle or destroyer.. not so much =x
really???i thought the v-rod only had 2 worry bout the 9...kudos 2 him:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Vrod muscle has 125 hp and about 670 lbs. The 90 has (I think) 80-90 hp and 700 plus lbs..

Based on those numbers, it's hard to imagine the 90 beating a vrod, but then again what do I know.....

One of the guys I ride with has an '09 Muscle and another has a 9. One day this summer we will likely test them against my 90 (at the track of course....:cop:)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
i dunno squat about vrods, but doesnt it come in a few models?

night rod, screaming eagle and destroyer..

what's the low model ?

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I really do not think the 90 will beat the Vrod in any form the rod comes in. Most of the time bikes that are closely matched will come down to the rider more than the bike itself. The Vrod is a strong fast bike, like it or not.

·
Registered
143 Posts
90 vs Rod

I've had my 90 for a few mths now but had a HD Dyna streetbob before it with V&H pipes, power commander and screaming eagle filter , My 90 is definatly quicker than it ,
I ride with a 106ci Victory Jackpot & we are very close , he gets me just at top end . .:D
the Vrod would be Quicker than my Dyna tho .

·
Registered
267 Posts
Powerwise the rod should be in another league, from what I hear it hangs with a 109 pretty well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nope wont beat it. A buddy of mine has one and not even close. Went to the strip last fall with him and another buddy with a VTX1800 thats been piped programmed and filter. I was close on the VTX and I'm stock but for drilling the exhaust. The vrod usually beat me by probably 4-5 bike lengths at least. I have the times for my bike somewhere I'll have to post them. No I have never raced at strip before and had trouble either stalling or wheeling so someone who really knows how to race can probably do better. But it sure was fun.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I guess if I had a vrod I would want it to be fast, just because its not the prettiest bike on the streets. The faster it is the less of a look it can get. Nice balance on the 90 though, plenty quick and looks good. IMO

·
Registered
381 Posts
Straight from experience... my friend has a v-rod... base model. I have been riding for a few years and know how to stretch the gears on my 90... i beat his v-rod (base model).. not by alot and by no means will i say i smoked him.. but it is very clear that i have him and even he admits it to people. Now the screaming eagle and muscle are a different story... he says the screaming eagle beats him about the same as i do and he thinks the two bikes would be close but the muscle will beat the 90 pretty easily.

Bottom line... 90 vs base model... easy win for the 90.... 90 vs other 2 options... not so easy.

·
Registered
927 Posts

Thanks
What numbers? I see these guys that have raced friends but everything Ive ever seen is that the VROD is a riders race against the 109...so Im not sure how you guys are "smoking" them. Unless Suzuki fooled us all and made the 90 faster than the 109

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Straight from experience... my friend has a v-rod... base model. I have been riding for a few years and know how to stretch the gears on my 90... i beat his v-rod (base model).. not by alot and by no means will i say i smoked him.. but it is very clear that i have him and even he admits it to people. Now the screaming eagle and muscle are a different story... he says the screaming eagle beats him about the same as i do and he thinks the two bikes would be close but the muscle will beat the 90 pretty easily.

Bottom line... 90 vs base model... easy win for the 90.... 90 vs other 2 options... not so easy.
:crackpipe: Your "friend" doesn't know how to ride. Period. A race between a m109, and a V-rod is basically rider dependant. Line your 90 next to a m109... Let me know who wins.

Watch, and pay close attention 2 minutes in.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Wow, big boy on the vrod kinda suprised me, but the 9 edged it out.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Now, imagine putting a 64 horsepower M90 against the V-rod, I'm calling bull shiz... ;)
Haha, what you are seeing is the v-rod muscle...or screaming eagle.. that compares to the base model like the c109 compares to the m109.

Find a BASE model v-rod and see what kind of race you have. As for racing a 109.. my buddy has a 07 M109r and he beats me.. but i stay close enough that i am not ashamed to try. There is a big difference between the m109r and the M90 as there is also a big difference between a v-rod muscle and a base model v-rod. Re-read what i said.. base model i beat but not by much.. muscle and screaming eagle are a diff story. As for my friend with the v-rod.. we both had crotch rockets and have been riding together for a long time... i would not say he doesn't know how to ride.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Haha, what you are seeing is the v-rod muscle...or screaming eagle.. that compares to the base model like the c109 compares to the m109.

Find a BASE model v-rod and see what kind of race you have. As for racing a 109.. my buddy has a 07 M109r and he beats me.. but i stay close enough that i am not ashamed to try. There is a big difference between the m109r and the M90 as there is also a big difference between a v-rod muscle and a base model v-rod. Re-read what i said.. base model i beat but not by much.. muscle and screaming eagle are a diff story. As for my friend with the v-rod.. we both had crotch rockets and have been riding together for a long time... i would not say he doesn't know how to ride.
If you're beating him, that's exactly what I'm saying. That video was from 2007, I think... The muscle was not available. That V-rod was the 100th anniversary model... Look closer...

I have raced V-Rods. I have won, I have lost. But ALL where within a bike length. Power to weight ratio is physics. Plain and simple, if you beat him, he doesn't know how to race... PERIOD. :bigthumbsup:

Also, the rider on the V-Rod needs to go on a diet mod, or he may have won. He had the hole shot, and a better mph (looks like JUtah ran 105 mph, but it may be 109 mph... not sure).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts