M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was out last night and came up on a V-Rod and his buddy on a 1200 Sportster it looked like. the guy on the V-Rod was :eek: and "What a great bike you have, it looks great" etc, I was really taken aback. Then he suggested we hit it from a roll off at the light, it change and we hit it soft then while both of us were even, we hit it at the same time!

Man it was awesome, possibly a 3-4 block race and I was ahead the whole time but he closed it to a bike length/half bike length then his shifts would drop him back to a full bike length. Man that V-Rod impressed me. And the guy was super nice and incredibly great sport :bigthumbsup:

Just wanted to say it. And his buddy on the sportster never had a chance.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice! Be careful though, a V-Rod with a good pilot will fetch you twards the end. (stock vs. stock) The 109 is tought to beat off the line. You must have mastered grabbing second gear while hauling butt. Good job! (it took me a few tries myself) Hello rev limiter! :evil:

·
Registered
443 Posts
The Sporty isn't in the same league as the V-rod or 109 in that kind of contest. :doorag:

·
Registered
25 Posts
joet said:
time for a jsd-3m mod & air shifter just say bye bye mr. hd
Air shifter? is that like a sky hook? Please give me a bit of info on that item if it is for real.Â
Additionally, I am of the more technically challenged variety of rider who finds it beneficial
to make friends with dealers and friends who are able to correct problems, handle upgrades
or mods so that I can spend more time riding and less time tinkering. :DÂ I know I am missing
a lot, ;) but I do have limited time to spend with my bike and would prefer riding to cleaning
the grease from under my fingernails. Anyway you get the picture. So, the question is this,
how difficult would it be for me to learn to adjust the jsd-3m if I put it on my bike. How about
any other mods for a techically challenged rider? Thanks for the info that I know is coming
from somone on this great board. :D

Cheers,
Kingpong :bigthumbsup: ;)

G

·
Kingpong said:
Air shifter? is that like a sky hook? Please give me a bit of info on that item if it is for real.Â
Additionally, I am of the more technically challenged variety of rider who finds it beneficial
to make friends with dealers and friends who are able to correct problems, handle upgrades
or mods so that I can spend more time riding and less time tinkering. :DÂ I know I am missing
a lot, ;) but I do have limited time to spend with my bike and would prefer riding to cleaning
the grease from under my fingernails. Anyway you get the picture. So, the question is this,
how difficult would it be for me to learn to adjust the jsd-3m if I put it on my bike. How about
any other mods for a techically challenged rider? Thanks for the info that I know is coming

Cheers,

just plug & play with the jsd-3m mod takes 10 minutes to install then go PLAY!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Kingpong said:

Cheers,
air shifter is a great mod, it drops most bikes a couple of tenths in the 1/4 depending on how fast they foot shift. and on the 109 the complete system can be hidden. :D :D

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have a friend with a slightly modified V-rod (and have posted about this before). I have a bit of a weight advantage on him. The 109 wins off the line, and KEEPS ON gaining. He has never caught up with me, and we run out in the country, where you don't have to worry about running into any lights -- well over a 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
666 Posts
i don't know if I'm the only one with this problem but i sometimes have trouble with 2nd gear as i try to speed shift .. what can i do to fix this problem?
maybe its because I'm 5'7" ???? :dontknow:

any ideas?

·
Registered
665 Posts
1st. to 2nd. is the longest throw in the shift pattern. You might adjust the linkage to move the shift lever down a little. This will help,get the travel needed to shift from 1st. to 2nd in your foot's range of motion. PS. Don't baby that puppy,slap the crap out of it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
texas109 said:
i don't know if I'm the only one with this problem but i sometimes have trouble with 2nd gear as i try to speed shift .. what can i do to fix this problem?
maybe its because I'm 5'7" ???? :dontknow:

any ideas?
maybe lower the shift lever a tad bit.....you still have the stock pegs?

·
Registered
666 Posts
FOURNINES said:
maybe lower the shift lever a tad bit.....you still have the stock pegs?
i shift hard its just sometimes she dont want to go in to 2nd
i dont have the stock pegs.. but i will try and see if i can lower the lever a lil .
both the guys who work for me have v-rods so it's not cool to miss 2nd ;)

G

·
DaltonH said:
Someone stop teasing and throw some links to where an air shift system for the 109 can be located?  :dontknow: :dontknow:
the guy who did my bike LCR Performance charged me $800 includes air shifter dot bottle (mounted) on board air compressor(fills bottle just press the button) regulator (shifts at 140psi every shift) 2 gauges/with mounts & all related machine work etc. there is not a kit made to just bolt on

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.