M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm back to bikes after about a 30 year ("I don't want to kill myself") break and am loving this site..I have a Silver 109 and 04 FJR 1300 for different moods (or destinations) but keep spotting V-Max's and wondering what they would be like after riding the 109.
I am out in the 'Boonies' and have not had the opportunity to ride a V Boost V-Max!
Is there anyone out the with experience of both that could give me their opinion on what the difference in "pull" and "handling" is like between these bikes?
Have been tempted to bid on some mid 90's V Max models on "on line" auctions but would be keen to know if I would be disappointed after the 109? Still love the look of the V Max. The prototype 200hp V max certainly would tempt me extend the stable even if I didn't have the bottle to twist that grip too vigorously.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I had a V Max several years ago...boy was it fast , but handling was ok..now for that prototype...should be awesome...but I think it's not gonna be out for a while.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
they ain't all that. I have a friend that has an 02' and the V-Boost mod (on all the time) and I have for lunch anytime I want on my 99' ZRX 1100 (LIGHTLY MODIFIED) but have not had the chance on the M109R yet as I still have some break in miles to go. There is rumor however of an all new from the ground up V-Max floating around out there and some spy pics but it certainly does not look like the "old" V-Max. The motor is capable of a lot more especially in fuel injected mode so it could get interesting. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had 2 modified V-Max's and they were crazy fast. The V-Max motor in my opinion is one of the best motorcycle motors out there. The only thing with the V-Max is the handling doesn't match the motors performance. It is a great straight line bike, don't take it in any hard turns!

G

·
Is it the new v-max that is possible to run 200hp or is it a different bike? I gotta have one if what the articles say are true.

oldold

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oldfart said:
Is it the new v-max that is possible to run 200hp or is it a different bike? I gotta have one if what the articles say are true.
There was a prototype released at the Tokyo Motor show..Yamaha were not saying what it's engine size was but it was still a recognisable as from the V-Max stable. HP is still rumours but the prototype looks wicked! See:
.. << thekneeslider.com/archives/2005/ 10/20/new-yamaha-vmax-from-tokyo-motor-show/ - 145k - 16 Jun 2006 ->> ..
How could any sane male not want one? :bigthumbsup:

oldold

1 - 9 of 9 Posts