M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got an e-mail today saying that Vance and Hines is still working on the pro pipe 2-1 for the M109R and that it is going to look different than what we have seen in the past. Still no release date. :confused:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know what you mean, unless of course but slim chance they really are doing lots of R & D to get the power where they want it. I know D & D will spend a solid 2 months in developement for a pipe but he does get the power out. I got lucky when he bent mine up for a ZRX 1100 I still have, I got the prototype pipe for free but it let him make a ton of cash off me and my bike. My poor bike spent 2 months off and on the Dyno but he did get a solid 14 horsies with just the pipe alone, all else was bone stock. It looks like the Pro Pipe from V & H may be the one since the side "boner" gets bad reviews and no one else will do one up. I have been tempted to bust Dan's chops over at D & D about doing one up. For a long time I thought all he did was sport bikes but I have seen him run ads for 2-1's for HD's. I know if I do ask I might get a free pipe but my bikes gonna be on the Dyno for 2 months again. ::)

·
Registered
898 Posts
i am waiting patiently for the 2in1 since i don't have the luxury of a fab shop at my house to build my own from the stock ones :pop: i'll just keep running the cobra's minus the baffles :bigthumbsup:

khrome

·
Registered
516 Posts
this will be interesting to see since B&H were the awesome twosome in the 80's racing the all mighty GS1150E on the strip. Anything from these guys is top notch in my book since they were kings on the Suzuki.

·
Registered
326 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
I can't figure why these knucklehead companys didn't jump to be the first ones out ,look how many cobras have been sold already.
LOL, The bike has not even been out a year, and you could count the number of Cobra owners on your hands.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I really like the M109 but one of the reasons I am waiting to buy one is it's a new model. Manufacturer's look at numbers and are not going to sell anything at a loss. If they take more time on R&D (maybe even wait a year to see what problems arise) they have a better chance at increasing numbers of sales in the market. If you want to bolt on the first junk available thats your choice. Most as I would be doing, bought the bike for the power. Cobra's seem to be noise makers and their history on VTX's seem show little on the dyno. I would hate to have $$$ invested and then a new pipe come out that shows 10 more hp.
JR is making great strides but put an order in for 500 sets of pipes with him and he would be hiring fabricators etc. and guess where the price would go. He probably wouldn't sell anything and put his name on it before he was sure it made power either.
Be patient you have the "King of the Hill" cruiser now. Don't get angry with businesses that are there to make a profit, ride and enjoy.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats why I am partial tp 2-1's on most v-twins, it's about the power for me more than the looks and I am glad after hearing a 109 with cobra 2-2's I did not fall for the quick fix because IMO they sound like crap. I think if you run them without baffles or at least use Thunder Monster baffles they wound prolly sound ok. My last twin came with owner installed Bub big Willy pipes and I found out why he ran them without the baffles, they sounded tinny or metallic kinda rattly. It ran like poop without the baffles though so I put in the Thunder Monsters which still gave it a good sound but also gave it enough back pressure to make a little power. I later ran a 2-1 that I modded and it was the shnitz, from the seat of the pants to the dyno it made way better power and sounded right with a twin pin crank like it and the M109R have.

·
Registered
326 Posts
If a pipe ain't making any power, it ain't going on my bike. :tools:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts